Champions Olympics

Super Neko Majin

Wouldn’t there have to be something akin to the weight-classes in Boxing and wrestling?  Otherwise it just becomes a rating system. 
    With athletic events in the real world there’s appreciation for excellence achieved through personal sacrifice and ability.  With superpowers it’s kind of like allowing every athlete to take performance enhancers. 
   It might be a fun idea for a night of play but it doesn’t really hold up to a lot of overthinking....like a lot of other things about superheroing.

The issue with official Champions characters for many sports is, their abilities are already quantified. We know exactly how much they can lift, how fast they can run, how far they can jump. In some cases there's a person commonly accepted as the strongest/fastest/etc. There might be some question where people rank within the "reality" of the Champions Universe, but in our reality there isn't.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:40 PM, Tjack said:

With athletic events in the real world there’s appreciation for excellence achieved through personal sacrifice and ability.  With superpowers it’s kind of like allowing every athlete to take performance enhancers. 

Spending experience points.

5 hours ago, archer said:

One of them has to be the "Grond Toss".

That one answers the question of what someone means when they say, "I wouldn't trust Grond any further than I could throw him."

The Ninjitsu and Invisibility competitions would be disappointing for spectators.

On the other hand, the Foxbat Relay would always be popular.

5 hours ago, archer said:

One of them has to be the "Grond Toss".

That one answers the question of what someone means when they say, "I wouldn't trust Grond any further than I could throw him."

Is that how far you could toss him or how well you survive being tossed BY him?  Posthumous medals awarded for those who get the “Loki Slam”.