Martial Arts manuever Escape

Tech

I've always wondered why the Martial Arts Escape maneuver has a +0 OCV +0 DCV to it. It seems to me to be an automatic success to hit, regardless of Hero Games not having absolutes, hence my wondering about the +0 OCV. Now, whether you break out of the Grab is another thing. You're not going to use this maneuver unless you're Grabbed and if you're already Grabbed, why a DCV modifier? So, looking for some clarity to this.

Firstly because it’s built using the martial art maneuvers rules. Hence it starts with 0 OCV and O DCV. You can buy extra DCV as the sample maneuver, Mongoose Escape has. Since your DCV is halved when grabbed, it may not seem like much benefit against Crushes but it still has some. Mainly the extra DCV is useful once you break out of an Grab as it kicks in that phase.

Don’t forget that a maneuvers modifiers last until your next action.  So with a martial escape you don’t take any penalty on your DCV if you escape.  Looking at Reversal it gives a -1 OCV and -2DCV that means that after you use reversal to get out of the hold you take a -2 DCV until your next action.   With Martial Escape there is no bonus or penalty to either DCV or OCV.