Back To School: The September 2021 Superdraft

Pariah

4 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I was going to pick Cujo as my teacher's pet, but thought that was a little like Air Bud so I am picking Carrie White from Carrie

CES 

I had a feeling you would want her; she was an alternative (but only an alternative) for my Free Spirit.  Sorta snipage, sorta not.

8 hours ago, Cancer said:

I had a feeling you would want her; she was an alternative (but only an alternative) for my Free Spirit.  Sorta snipage, sorta not.

The thing I remember about Carrie the most was King was talking about it in On Writing. He said that people complained that the bullying was a little overdramatic, but it was one of the things that he actually saw and used from his teaching job in the book.

So a Carrie without a bunch of bullies around would be someone trying to get straight As and staying at school to stay away from her mother

CES

ROSTERS UPDATED. As usual, please check and report any problems.

And so, I'm a little behind. Let's see what we can do about that.

The Superstar: Kim Possible

Kim_Possible_(character_design).png

The Teacher's Pet: Carmen Ibanez, Starship Troopers (the novel, not the mostly-unrelated Verhoeven film of the same name)

The Free Spirit: Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)

LunaLovegood.jpeg

First option: Technology internships at local "nuclear" power facility

The inspiration for this is from Aaron Williams.

Out on Wendigo Island in the middle of the Miskatonic River is an azathothic power reactor, Three Hastur Island Power Station.  Thanks to a major grant from the Department of Energy to the Technology Department of Miskatonik University, on the island is an experimental facility that is trying to combine the power of nuclear fission with the might of the Elder Gods.  As part of the grant, internships are given to promising students in science and technology at local high schools.  Miskatonic Prep, of course, gets to send a number of its more talented students out to Three Hastur Island for an introduction to this groundEarthbreaking new techology.  Some of them even come back.

Edited by Cancer
fixing the link, I hope

I am going to grab Randall Flagg as my dragon

CES

15 minutes ago, Cancer said:

First option: Technology internships at local "nuclear" power facility

The inspiration for this is from Aaron Williams.

Out on Wendigo Island in the middle of the Miskatonic River is an azathothic power reactor, Three Hastur Island Power Station.  Thanks to a major grant from the Department of Energy to the Technology Department of Miskatonik University, on the island is an experimental facility that is trying to combine the power of nuclear fission with the might of the Elder Gods.  As part of the grant, internships are given to promising students in science and technology at local high schools.  Miskatonic Prep, of course, gets to send a number of its more talented students out to Three Hastur Island for an introduction to this groundEarthbreaking new techology.  Some of them even come back.

Your link goes to a perception check question for 6ed

CES

The students gathered around the courtyard, the cheering was loud and lively.

Jennifer turned "What's that, Master Merlin?"

"Well, Camelot does admire warriors you know? Magic isn't separate from that... in fact, we have something of a sparring ring. I dare say our star athlete is .. is practicing. Unusual girl..."

"You're greatest combatant is a girl, Master Merlin?" Jennifer raised an eyebrow "I.. how rare" She corrected herself. Magic, truly, changed everything.

"Yes," Merllin chuckled, "And a foreigner. Her parents were over protective her, but also wanted her to learn how to wield her Geomancy. So they paid a great deal to get her here" 

"Earth Magics? Very nice," Jennifer had been studying, "But how is she safe if she's sparring?"

"As safe as can be, Jennifer, and what her parents don't know means I won't have to give a refund. Besides, challenges aside, she was born for this. Go see"

Jennifer nodded and picked in.

Not one, but THREE warriors from the city had come to contend against the student in the center ring. Perhaps they were getting paid? Perhaps there was a purse of coin collected by the students? They were big, trying to work together, and clearly skilled at the art of wrestling.

They never had a chance.

Rocks slammed outward, the ground spitting them about not like sling stones but like moving sections of stonehenge! 

The geomancer in the center actually had one come up behind her, only to find himself flipped forward, and then the earth seemed to swallow him and form tethers to keep him there.

The other two just plain got knocked out.

The champion in the center of the courtyard grinned triumphantly, her eyes didn't meet the crowd, but then, her eyes didn't met anything.

That's when Jennifer realized something, "She's blind!"

"TOPH TOPH TOPH!" The other students and locals cheered. Blind or not, Toph stood triumpahnt!

Superstar pick: Toph Beifong 

Avatar___Toph_Bei_Fong_by_GENZOMAN.jpg?f