first mission

Mark Rand

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

"Oh...I'm sorry about that. How much bad stuff you have to do in order for them to be convinced that your legit?"

"Not much," Batgirl replies.  "The two times I had to, I was backing up Batman, who was disguised as "Matches" Malone.  We made comments about overpowering the criminals we were replacing."

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Lady Heart follows behind Batgirl, keeping a general lookout. Once in the area, she starts her patrol as agreed upon.

Does s/he spot anything unusual while patrolling?

There were mugging in two different places.  Both were dealt with.  After the second one was dealt with, Batgirl comments, "This is a slow night."

Paladin made sure that his quiet “humph” of annoyance didn’t get broadcast.  “SHE’S having a slow night!” He thought.  He cycled once again through the infra-red and ultra-violet spectrums checking the house and grounds.

I know he’s testing me...I know he’s testing me...I know he’s testing me.  He’s waiting to see if I’ll snap, waiting to see if I break concentration, waiting to see if I’ll get bored, waiting to see if I ask to leave.   I’m NOT screwing up my first assignment from him.  If I have to, I’ll tell mom that I fell asleep at that all night Kung-Fu movie theater I scoped out in KoreaTown.  I wanted to save that one for an emergency, but I’ll break it out tonight if I have to.
   Maybe I can ask Batman if he can set me up with a no-show job at some Wayne Enterprises business to cover for time spent doing things like this.....That would mean I’d have to get paid...show mom a pay stub....No, maybe some kind of work study thing for class credit?.....That would involve the school....I don’t know if that would work....He must have a plan, he’s Batman!  Batman always has a plan.

FOCUS DUMMY!!  Stay with it.  This CAN be done. This WILL be done.  (deep breath)  Stay with it.

"Batman to Batgirl," came over the radio.  "Anything to report?  Over."

"Just two muggers dealt with," Batgirl replies.  "Over."

"Gotham University's museum could also be a target," Batman says.    "You know the area?  Over."

"Yeah, I do," Batgirl replies.  "Heading there now.  Over."  Turning to Lady Heart, she adds, "It's on Fifth Avenue between South Craig and South Dithridge Streets."

"Copy.  Batman out."

"Batgirl out."

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"Batman to Batgirl," came over the radio.  "Anything to report?  Over."

"Just two muggers dealt with," Batgirl replies.  "Over."

"Gotham University's museum could also be a target," Batman says.    "You know the area?  Over."

"Yeah, I do," Batgirl replies.  "Heading there now.  Over."  Turning to Lady Heart, she adds, "It's on Fifth Avenue between South Craig and South Dithridge Streets."

"Copy.  Batman out."

"Batgirl out."

Lady Heart nodded and head out to Fifth Avenue and South Dithridge Street via flight. This being Gotham and not Metropolis, people tend not to look up. Mostly because unlike Metropolis good things are rairly airborne. 

As Lady Heart flies toward the Gotham University Museum, she flies over Gotham Transit Authority's buses, commuter train, and monorail  as well as Kingston Square, which is active until midnight and on the western side of Gotham University, and Burnley Harbor, Gotham City's "Little Bohemia" which is just to the west of Kingston Square.

(OCC: These locations are mentioned in the Daily Planet Guide to Gotham City.)

Closing in on the museum, Lady Heart spots Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, which is across Fifth Avenue from the museum.  There is little traffic in the area as a campus police car rolls along Henry Street, which is on the back side of the museum.

Not around the museum, but there are a couple of vehicles from a maid service company that, according to its advertising, keeps God's house clean, parked by the cathedral rectory.  Edit: There are several vehicles with visor cards reading CLERGY parked there, too.

11 hours ago, Tjack said:

Paladin to Team Leader, I don’t think you can have that kind of advertising without the church’s express permission.  Could that van be a cover for something?    Is there any way to check it out?

"Good question, Paladin," comes Batman's radioed response.    "The Roman Catholic Church is the only one who insisted on a donation to the local diocese and a rate reduction for having a company vehicle on their property.  Fortunately, the company, which is owned by a Wayne Enterprises company, permits employees to use their own vehicles, for which they get paid for the milage they put on it while working."

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

The following comes over the radio, "Batgirl to Lady Heart, I'm passing the University Medical Center complex and should be at your location in ten minutes."

"Ok. Lady Heart to Batgirl.  I'm practically there already.  I'll wait for you."

29 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

A skylight is open slightly.  A rope is tied to a pipe and goes through the opening.

"We got an open skylight and a rope attached to a pipe, over. I believe we got unwelcomed visitors, over."

Lady Heart checks to see if someone is climbing the rope. If so, s/he notes what direction they are climbing. 

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

"We got an open skylight and a rope attached to a pipe, over. I believe we got unwelcomed visitors, over."

Lady Heart checks to see if someone is climbing the rope. If so, s/he notes what direction they are climbing. 

(Yes, that was broadcasted to Batman, Batgirl, and Palidan.)