How would you build... The Indigestible Man!

dialNforNinja

Named and shown for a few seconds in the 90s Tick cartoon but not explored in detail, I'm basically just running with the name here. The easy stuff is Life SUpport for breathing, probably food and drink too, maybe High Pressure to avoid damage from peristaltic action? Though that's not really the same thing as atmospheric/underwater pressure, so eh. Also, some amount of Regeneration to heal from damage that gets past his specific immunities.

Being immune to acid and heat is mainly a matter of degree and how many points you're willing to spend on it, since Hero doesn't really deal in absolutes, by design. Still not too hard.

Assume typical strong guy offensive tricks for playable utility, no need to go into those.

The thing that's got me stumped for mechanics after thinking about the fluff is being immune (to a high degree) to having any living part of himself (in the cellular biology sense) separated from the rest - you can bruise and break things with crushing force, pierce him with spikes, even open gashes with a blade, but everything connected to the rest will stay at least half-connected, and blades cannot actually cut more than half way through anything; even a chainsaw would just end up with a stringy mess and scraping across the last bits until it jammed up. Which is admittedly serious horror movie territory, but we're theorycrafting here.

My best guess is a bunch of extra rDef "only to prevent dismemberment" but that doesn't really seem to cover the ground adequately, so here I am. What do you think, sirs?

Advanced Players Guide, Damage Reduction, page 87. 100% Resistant Damage Reduction is 120 points. 100% means he will never take damage from either physical or energy effects. It is extremely expensive, but idea for reduction via limitations (like one effect only) into a more reasonable price. 

What with him not having been explored, I would simply have a minor Disadvantage /  Complication:  No nutritional value.

Being indigestible doesn't in any way necessitate any sort of immortality or invulnerability.  Plastic is indigestible, as are oyster shell, bone, and other things.  It doesn't mean that they can't be cut up into pieces small enough to eat, nor does it mean that teeth and persistence won't reduce them a fine paste of saliva and particulates.

Well, he does jump into Dinosaur Neil's mouth carrying the antidote pill to make him shrink back down from kaiju-size, with dialogue that more or less states he doesn't expect to take any harm from it, so the acid resistance at least is almost certain. (Some kind of shrinking would not be unreasonable either given how rare kaiju battles tend to be...) I don't remember if he actually resisted being chewed or not; it's been decades since I saw the episode now.

Could well be - using the "flavor a meal" function to make the party members taste horrible so the wolf pack that attacked during the night would stop biting people long enough to get their armor on was what got me banned from replacing a wand of Prestidigitation when it ran out, back before I burned out on D&D and class/level systems in general. Alas, poor Least Wish. I knew it, Horatio. Biblically, even. :lol: