Hero Designer Freeze Up

Ghost Archer

Okay, I am having a lovely problem with Hero Designer.  Note that I have both HD v3 build 2008030405 and HD v6 build 2021100804.  Really old and current.  Both open like normal.  I can change any text in the Basic Info tab and Background tabs.  I can change characteristic, add skills, no problem.  but if I try to add a Perk it freezes up, just the error noise it makes when you. click anything.  Have to close it with Ctl-Alt-Del.  If I open a sheet and try to change or edit a perk, talent, power or disad it locks up.  Now I know JAVA is a pain, so I did an update.  Same results.  I uninstalled JAVA and loaded it up fresh.  Same results.  Only thing running is Discord and AV.  Even turned off Bluetooth.  Any suggestions?

Most likely you've changed your screen configuration at some point and have HD set to remember dialog positions and sizes -- HD is opening the edit Perk dialog and positioning it where it used to be (now offscreen).  There are keyboard controls on most systems/OS to move a window, but you're likely going to have a MUCH easier time if you simply delete the appPrefs.xml file before opening HD -- that will reset everything (including dialog positions and sizes).