Shades of Black

Shikarr

I am running this adventure and am now getting into the the middle of the 2nd act. My players have loved it greatly so far and I again can only say that it is tremendously well written. So far the adventure has predicted everything my players have thought up and done, which by itself alone is an amazing feat. Hats off to the writer.

Has anyone else ran their characters though this adventure and how did it go?

Re: Shades of Black

Originally posted by Shikarr

Has anyone else ran their characters though this adventure and how did it go?

At the risk of posting a Spoiler (?)

I did, it went well, though it ended in Black Paladin's banishment into a darkness dimension (sans his items). Poltergeist had a tramautized rival for a bit. BP's Girlfriend is back in H-E-double hockey sticks. All the players had a good time, despite at least 3 heroes losing at least 4 body each.

Some highlights:

• Poltergeist ends up facing a certain witch's spirit when she went desolid
  • Our Heroes don't fall for Talisman's bad MacBeth routine
  • Blip learned just how deadly and useful his indirect RKA attack is... I decided it would bypass BP's shield.
  • Nightbringer started to interogate Lady Crow about a certain lady's disappearance, only to realize who she is

But the real kicker was I had decided that the Champions were leaving Millennium City during this... I wanted no doubt that the PC team were the stars and guardians of the city, and it forced the authority to talk to them.

One of the PCs, unsure of just why the Champions were gone, joked about them being on vaction. The Press took the comment seriously, when in fact, I had decided that "off panel" the Champions were in another part of the state fighting for their lives against Mechanon.

The Champions returned, battered, bruised, and limping only to find out people had thought they'd spent the last week in Hawaii or something. When they asked the PC team who started this BS, the PCs lied through their teeth "You know the press, they always assume the worst." *image of Poltergeist whistling in the corner hiding her embarrasment*

:D

I plan to use that mansion (Well, the map for it, if not the same actual location) again in my games. Maybe as a base for a future team NPC or otherwise.

Re: Re: Shades of Black

Originally posted by Hermit

At the risk of posting a Spoiler (?)

I

• Poltergeist ends up facing a certain witch's spirit when she went desolid

heh. this is a power from the original manuscript for a certain witch's shade's VPP, intended for just this thing:

Trap Thy Soul: If a hero attempts to engage Chantal on the “astral plane†by using Desolidification, and Chantal doesn’t feel immediately threatened by the hero’s abilities or the hero can’t perceive her, she uses this fiendish spell. The spell Transforms the target’s Desolidification Power into one with the Advantages, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) and Persistant (+1/2), and the Limitation, Always On (-1/2). To determine the difficulty, the Character Points gained by the target because of the Advantages, divided by five, must be added to the target’s BODY, and then multiplied by two. In most cases, 8 points are added to the target’s BODY, before being multiplied. If successful, Chantal proceeds to torment her victim via Telepathy, telling him that now he is a ghost like her, and will never return to the “real worldâ€.

Minor Transform 9d6 (cause target’s Desolidifaction to be Always On, heals back normally). Total Cost: 90 points.