Jump to content

Halloween 2021


Logan.1179
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, csyphrett said:

But this is always my favorite

Kolchak, I loved that show when it was on TV.   The 2005 hot mess was bad.  Hollywood didn't seem to understand that the original series was only able to be what it was because Kolchak could never actually get any real proof.  You just can't duplicate 1970's tech issues in the 2000's not to mention the painful research. 

 

I'd love to see the franchise be resurrected as a 70 or 80's period piece, but that will never happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

There's a reason I tend to stay away from modern remakes of classic shows. Hollywood doesn't seem to get it when it comes to capturing the spirit of the old shows.

 

To get back on topic, would The Purple People Eater work in this thread?

yes.

CES

This may not seem like a Halloween song like Die Hard doesn't seem like a Christmas movie, but listen to it. It's about Nessie

 

CES

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2021 at 3:00 PM, Spence said:

Kolchak, I loved that show when it was on TV.   The 2005 hot mess was bad.  Hollywood didn't seem to understand that the original series was only able to be what it was because Kolchak could never actually get any real proof.  You just can't duplicate 1970's tech issues in the 2000's not to mention the painful research. 

 

I'd love to see the franchise be resurrected as a 70 or 80's period piece, but that will never happen.


    I don’t know if it would ever be the same without Darren McGavin.  Are you familiar with the two original 90 minute TV movies.  The first one, “The Night Stalker” was crazily successful in the ratings when it debuted.  And the second one “The Night Strangler” ‘s were nearly as good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tjack said:


    I don’t know if it would ever be the same without Darren McGavin.  Are you familiar with the two original 90 minute TV movies.  The first one, “The Night Stalker” was crazily successful in the ratings when it debuted.  And the second one “The Night Strangler” ‘s were nearly as good. 

Totally agree about McGavin. 

I remember seeing the TV movies.  But it was a long time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Spence said:

Totally agree about McGavin. 

I remember seeing the TV movies.  But it was a long time ago.


   They’re worth looking up, given the season and they still hold up storywise.  Also the guest stars are great Barry Atwater (Surak on Star Trek:TOS) was the baddie in the first one and John Carradine and Ronny Cox were in the second one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tjack said:


   They’re worth looking up, given the season and they still hold up storywise.  Also the guest stars are great Barry Atwater (Surak on Star Trek:TOS) was the baddie in the first one and John Carradine and Ronny Cox were in the second one.

 

I just ordered the movies.  I couldn't find them on any stream I have.

 

I did find an old three book series, not on audible dag nabbit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Spence said:

 

I just ordered the movies.  I couldn't find them on any stream I have.

 

I did find an old three book series, not on audible dag nabbit.

 If they were written by Jeff Rice you’re OK.  It was his original unfinished book that he turned into the script for N.S. He wrote novelizations of both movies.  Anybody else I have no idea.

   Wouldn’t those books being read by McGavin have been cool?  The man had a great voice.  On the Halloween episode of some daytime talk show in the ‘70’s he read an excerpt from The Tell-Tale Heart that scared the crap out of my little kid self.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...