Here you go, folks.

Duke Bushido

Yeah; that's not much of a title.

Sorry about that.

So let me back up a bit:

Some years ago, I made mention of a few things that were more-or-less standards in my (rare) high fantasy games.  Of these things, my favorites are the Office of the Public Scribe and the Torchbearers' Guild.  I don't actually think I went into any detail on the Guild, save how it came to be, but having told that tale I thought "hey, you know what?  Here we are complaining that there aren't enough things for new players or enough inexpensive things that folks can use to get their own juices flowing....  "  So I thought I'd write these organizations up under the umbrella of that whatever-it's-called "write your own HERO supplement" thing and put it out for like a buck.  

I ran into some snags-- formatting, styling, sourcing artwork, etc, etc, ad nauseum.  Mostly time.  I was getting really, really snagged with time.

So it never got finished.

However, as thought fodder, it's done enough.  I might have been able to just clean up what I had and do a "generic dungeon crawler" supplement.

But then I got to thinking about the old days-- the Web Ring of Heroes days.  The days when everyone had a website, no matter how simple or how goofy or how fancy and slick-- and they just kept pumping out great ideas and great stuff and saying "here!  Take this!  It's yours!  It's an idea I had, and I just want to share it!"  I got to thinking about how much of my retro-future Atomic Rockets campaign has borrowed from the old Web Ring, and even from Nyrath's own web page of the same name (Atomic Rockets, that is.  Great minds think alike; soft minds run together-- something in there explains it; I'm sure.  ;) ).  So I have the urge to thank Nyrath.

I remember how many times we revisited bits and pieces of Lord Liaden's Valley of the Night over the years, and I am struck with the urge to thank him (even more than I already have: I have thanked him for that numerous times, and it doesn't seem like it's enough :lol: ).

So the only way I can really "thank" any of these people, I think, is to demonstrate how much I appreciated what they did, and the best way I know to do that is to do the same thing: I had this brain cramp once, many years ago, and it became the Torchbearers' Guild.

It's not finished, but I've got three motorcycles to rebuild, an almost-eighty hour work week, a house full of teenagers, a semi-regular game group (soon to be too, as soon as a couple more folks get vaccinated), a camper to build, and a house to finish remodeling.  If it gets finished by anyone, it's going to finished uniquely at each table that cares to try it.

Have at it, folks.  It's the best way I know to thank the best kind of people:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lID1Yboy9nAQnIGRdOeiq4SEI7ZvkH0EAqAWzG4FMIk/edit?usp=sharing

Now, if someone can assure me that Chris Goodwin doesn't have any Players on this board, I've got one for the Western genre, too.

Sort of.

;)