Artwork

HeroGM

6 hours ago, Sketchpad said:

Hey @HeroGM... is Brett Booth a gamer by any chance? I believe I've seen you on Twitter and you tag Zircher and Panosian, who I know used to game and work on games. I'd love to see who in the comic industry games. 

He's played Champions yes, I've commented a few times about him doing a cover for Dark Champions and from his replies I'd say he's gamed at least D&D. Zircher of course did Hero stuff along with Storn. And of course Albert D. is gone (RIP 😭) and he was working for comicraft as a letterer for awhile. Oh and Panosian of course worked at FGU along with Willingham (who did TSR). Phil Foglio from what I've seen still games and does comics.

I put some $$ down for Anybodies, not to turn this into an ad.

16 hours ago, HeroGM said:

He's played Champions yes, I've commented a few times about him doing a cover for Dark Champions and from his replies I'd say he's gamed at least D&D. Zircher of course did Hero stuff along with Storn. And of course Albert D. is gone (RIP 😭) and he was working for comicraft as a letterer for awhile. Oh and Panosian of course worked at FGU along with Willingham (who did TSR). Phil Foglio from what I've seen still games and does comics.

I put some $$ down for Anybodies, not to turn this into an ad.

I did not know that about Brett. Very cool bit of trivia to know, @HeroGM. I knew about the others, as well as folks like Jim Zub, Kieron Gillen, Jody Hauser, and a few others. And of course Matthew Lillard, who had played at least a game of Champions back in the day.

5 hours ago, Sketchpad said:

I did not know that about Brett. Very cool bit of trivia to know, @HeroGM. I knew about the others, as well as folks like Jim Zub, Kieron Gillen, Jody Hauser, and a few others. And of course Matthew Lillard, who had played at least a game of Champions back in the day.

1 hour ago, steriaca said:
7 hours ago, Sketchpad said:

Quoted for awesomeness, @steriaca? ;)

57 minutes ago, HeroGM said:

Although I doubt it'll happen I'd like to see a Generations 4 look at the villains and their offspring/followers. I'm enjoying 90% of his Elsewhen series. 

Well now you tripped the “curious landmine”.  What’s the 10% you didn’t care for?   Not as an argument, just a fun discussion.  
   BTW...Did you ever check out Byrne’s Batman/Captain America book?  It’s set in W.W.II and the Joker and the Red Skull have joined forces.    Very Neat-O!!  A lot like Generations, very much the same mind set.

10% - He's functioning without an editor to draw him in on some of his ideas. I loved his Mirror Universe X-Men, even Lilandra being corrupted by the Phoenix. Kitty trying to "drown" the one girl seemed a little out of character for her, no matter how mad she got. I know he's writing her as being 14-15 though so yeah I can get she was a bit upset at being teased like that. Right now he's exploring his version of Wolverine's origin. No matter how much you like a writer/artist you'll always find something to disagree with or nitpick. Would I suggest someone going to read the 25+ issues he's come out with? Yes, wholeheartedly.

Own the Batman - Captain America book along with all 3 of the Generations series. Not a big fan of the 3rd simply because of the extreme time jumps (100 years), though I enjoyed the overall story. Byrne has said that he wanted to have a "blonde ex-soldier" help train Bruce Jr. and that be a nod to Steve and show that it was in the same universe.

One thing I always love is the silver/bronze-age style - perfect for a good Four-Color Champion's game.

2021-09-30_054905_X-MEN_26_20.thumb.jpg.b3c8dafd65fb8268f66c8d75dbcd5542.jpg