Can't Touch Me

Asperion

One of the more interesting powers is Desolidification.  With this power,  one can travel through solid materials as though they don't exist,  most attacks ignore them,  along with a host of other advantages.  Many individuals have created several creative ways to use this power beyond the basic ability,  such as the well defined phase-strkie or locking others in the ground. What are some rather unique options that you have developed for your games? How have these characters played out in both the long and short term? Other comments and criticisms are always welcome. 

I have a single-power NPC who has Desolidification UAA.  There is an END reserve tied to it, etc-

She has no other appreciable powers save a small Force Field with "phase shifting" SFX and a bit of life support (same SFX).

Her entire Schtick is to sneak herself close to the heroes and quite literally _remove_ them from combat for about ten minutes or so.

That turned out to be far more effective than I expected it would be, and led to a team of players suddenly deciding maybe trying a more tactical approach to combat would be a good idea after all.

She has a sister who has Desolidification (Not-It cannot desolid herself; only others), a six-die single command Mind Control (Shoot me!) and a Change Environment (screw using Images to make light, and yes; I know the official rule, and no; I am not going to derail your thread by discussing it  ;) ) that illuminates her quite clearly and sort of obfuscates the area near and behind her.

Her tactic is to get between combatants or in front of something or someone that shouldn't be attacked.

She is a bit more fun (though not as hilarious) to use, if only because the Player Characters are better able to cope with her.  I meqn really: when was the last time you bought "affects solid" for a character without Desolidification?

One of the more unique ways of handling Desolid was with a villain in a game I ran.  Essentially the character could activate the power at will instead of phasing him out, it would actually phase everyone except him.  Then he would simply walk into the area he would desire to get to and get to work, ignoring anyone who attempts to stop him. Since so few people take Affects Solid,  there's very little for him to worry about. 

No Sell: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Desolidification (40 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), 12 Charges which Recover every 1 Week (-3/4), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Instant (-1/2) (Real Cost: 😎
Real Cost: 8

Lucius Alexander

and his palindromedary

12 hours ago, Lucius said:

No Sell: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Desolidification (40 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), 12 Charges which Recover every 1 Week (-3/4), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Instant (-1/2) (Real Cost: 😎
Real Cost: 8

Lucius Alexander

and his palindromedary

So this is like 12 perfect dodges? Is that what the NCC represents (it requires someone to attack them)?

• 4 weeks later...

I once built a villain who had Desolid Grenades that put everything in their radius out of phase for 5 minutes.  Great for getting through vault doors and dealing with pesky heroes.  They actually had to have a plan other than 'Charge!' for that one.

To be absolutely clear I would not allow a PC anywhere near something like that.