Custom Export Templates

schir1964

I've refactored the Default Template into my own version of it.

CEM Export Template Default HTML for 6th Edition

Same layout and data but with some minor styling differences.

Corrected typo in the Combat Modifiers header.

Fixed page breaks.

I'd like to opinions on it. What you like or don't like.

I'm open to doing more templates if anyone wants me to.

I think I can slap a template together pretty quick now that got a pattern to follow.

17 hours ago, schir1964 said:

I've refactored the Default Template into my own version of it.

CEM Export Template Default HTML for 6th Edition

Same layout and data but with some minor styling differences.

Corrected typo in the Combat Modifiers header.

Fixed page breaks.

I'd like to opinions on it. What you like or don't like.

I'm open to doing more templates if anyone wants me to.

I think I can slap a template together pretty quick now that got a pattern to follow.

Hi Chris, It would be super useful to provide a screenshot so people can quickly see the style of the sheet.

Also, would it be possible to use the word character sheet I have attached as an inspiration to create a .rtf file?

In a nutshell,

• organise the sheet by functions (primary characteristics, movement, offensive, defense, skills, talents, perks, skills powers, complications)
  • No values for advantages and limitations (no +½ or -¼).
  • No real cost for characteristics, skills, talents, etc.

The rest might be more difficult as I abbreviate many redundant terms but if it's a .rtf, it's easy to manually modify.

I hope it helps. 

2 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Hi Chris, It would be super useful to provide a screenshot so people can quickly see the style of the sheet.

Also, would it be possible to use the word character sheet I have attached as an inspiration to create a .rtf file?

In a nutshell,

• organise the sheet by functions (primary characteristics, movement, offensive, defense, skills, talents, perks, skills powers, complications)
  • No values for advantages and limitations (no +½ or -¼).
  • No real cost for characteristics, skills, talents, etc.

The rest might be more difficult as I abbreviate many redundant terms but if it's a .rtf, it's easy to manually modify.

I hope it helps. 

Yes, I plan to do that at some point but I'm adverse to having licensed copyright images/names and did most of my testing with the DC/Marvel character sheets (btw they were extremely helpful in shoring up edge cases where the styling didn't work as expected) and have not had the time to make extensive character's to show off the three pages.

As for an RTF file... I did research on that when it was first mentioned (spent half a day actually). Took me a while to actually find the official specifications for it at a site the kept a copy of it when Microsoft pulled it from public access (apparently Microsoft has locked down the document and won't release it since 2008). Began reading it and my eyes started glazing over before I had gotten a third of the way through it. It would seem that RTF is not meant to be created by hand or understood at a level that you could edit easily by hand, that is create additional sections and so forth kind of like postscript/PDF. Instead, like postscript/PDF, it is only meant to be created by tools that are specifically dedicated to it,  and in the case of Adobe Acrobat it requires a whole slew of tools to handle all the features and possible combinations (and it is still a little clunky to use). Anyway, there aren't any RTF only tools that will created an RTF from scratch (outside of Microsoft and they aren't sharing). There ton's plugins that are for non-RTF tools (Microsoft included) or conversion tools........ . . .  .  .  .  .   .    .     .     hang on a second...   well what do you know... Adobe Acrobat has an export to RTF tool! I can use this to export an existing HTML character sheet to an RTF document and if it looks good in Microsoft Word then I can create an RTF export based on that. Up to now the conversion tools that I've looked at have been unreliable and looked terrible.

I'll give it an other shot.

If it works then that handles your first point. The other two points you've listed I'll have research to see if those individual component's are accessible by themselves then it's a matter of making to the finish line (hopefully with flying colors).

PS - The is the second time I've seen someone mentioned an attached file but for the life of me I can't see any sign of one (link, button, or so forth). First it was Scott Ruggel's .hdc file and now your RTF file. I can see Scott Ruggels screenshot okay. Am I missing something?

Ureka!!! The Adobe Acrobat export to RTF created an RTF that when opened in Microsoft Word looked 99.99% like the HTML, and PDF.

Only two Headers seem to have a minor style glitch which doesn't really impact the usability.

This I can parse and use to create the RTF Export Template. However, this document will take more time to parse correctly.

3 hours ago, schir1964 said:

PS - The is the second time I've seen someone mentioned an attached file but for the life of me I can't see any sign of one (link, button, or so forth). First it was Scott Ruggel's .hdc file and now your RTF file. I can see Scott Ruggels screenshot okay. Am I missing something?

It's because I have not attached it! I was refering to the .rtf files that comes with the download linked previously. Thx.