Happy Thanksgiving!

schir1964

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

Scooped !

To be pedantically accurate, the major shopping day is the day after Thanksgiving. That’s why, after a peaceful day of good food and nontoxic family, we clean and load our guns and set out the body armor. Because once again, Christmas is coming. 

One of the things for which I am thankful is that my family ignores all the post-Thanksgiving sales (which now extend at least a week before Thanksgiving). Bloody Communists, we are. No proper American reverence for retail. Just family getting together for a nice dinner, and remembering how lucky we are to have that dinner, a roof over our heads, and each other.

Dean Shomshak

12 hours ago, DShomshak said:

One of the things for which I am thankful is that my family ignores all the post-Thanksgiving sales (which now extend at least a week before Thanksgiving). Bloody Communists, we are. No proper American reverence for retail. Just family getting together for a nice dinner, and remembering how lucky we are to have that dinner, a roof over our heads, and each other.

Dean Shomshak

My last Black Friday was when I was working for Circuit City. My wife had fed me diazepam the night before, and I came in as the 10 AM relief, still calmed by the tranquilizer. I took over a long line that snaked from the Computer registers to almost the front of the store. The first person complained that he didn't want to pay the price that had come up on the terminal for an item, and, without really looking, took the item and tossed it into a nearby go-back cart. When he complained, I asked if he wanted the item for the price it rang, and he said, "no". I gave him his total, he blinked at me for a moment, and then paid and left.

The next person "wanted to think about it", so I told them to step out of the line, and when they've decided, they can join the end of the line. They ended up buying their stuff.

Third guy had a big grin on his face, and told me, "The line's moved faster in the last five minutes than it has since 5 AM." 

It took me until almost 2 PM to get rid of the line. There's no way that I'd ever shop in person on Black Friday after working retail.