What are HDC files?

indy523

Hello,

I bought the Ground Vehicles and the Air Vehicles Character Packs (thinking they would be PDFs) and I downloaded the files fine (I think?)  They appear ot be .HDC files for the most part.  I cannot open the files.  Googling the files it says I need to download something called HD Tach which is evidently a hard drive management reporting software?!?

Anyways it says you need this program to open the files but every site that will let you download it appears to be either unsecure or weird looking.  I tried going directly to the developer Simpli Software Inc. but their website appears defunct.

How do you expect people that buy this product to read the files?  Is there somewhere safe that you can recommend that I go to get freeware that will read the files?

What format are these files in?  Please help me out with this.  I don't want a refund, I would rather know how to access the files.  I just recently purchased them from you guys.

Thanks,

Indy

15 hours ago, HeroGM said:

Hero Designer character files.

https://www.herogames.com/store/product/1-hero-designer/

Ah I see, no problem.  I will get that next pay period or so.

PS:  Your description really does not point out they are for that program.  Just labels them CP.  I probably would have bought that first!

Thanks,

Indy

Indy523

Here is the link to HD's documentation. 

https://www.herogames.com/files/file/9-hero-designer-documentation/

While I like to do all of my Hero stuff design the old fashioned way, I still use HD frequently.  Especially when I am prepping for a game.  It is the best "character builder" of any tabletop RPG I have ever used.  And I have used a lot of them. 

Plus, true to being Hero, you use it to make everything, not just characters. 

Plus Plus, it has a built in ability to add customized items.

Plus Plus Plus, it works for both 6th and 5th editions. 

Plus Plus Plus Plus, if you are familiar with html and such you can create any kind of export format (character sheet) you want.

I'll admit that last item is not in my ball park, but I have seen some great character sheets being built. 

:thumbup:

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Prof.Dogg said:

I finally purchased the Powers pack by Steven.  Where do I load these files to pull them into the available options in the Powers tab?

You should be able to load them via Prefab>Load Prefab. They'll appear on the appropriate tab with the Prefab subtab.