Powers

Stirling.N

Let me shown my example:

<CLAIRSENTIENCE DISPLAY="Clairsentience" STOPSIGN="Yes" TARGETINGGROUPCOST="10" 
            NONTARGETINGGROUPCOST="10" TARGETINGSENSECOST="5" NONTARGETINGSENSECOST="5" 
            DURATION="CONSTANT" TARGET="HEX" RANGE="Yes" VISIBLE="No" USESEND="Yes" BASECOST="20">
            <TYPE>STANDARD</TYPE>
            <TYPE>SENSORY</TYPE>
            <SOURCE>Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book</SOURCE>
            <SOURCE>Sidekick</SOURCE>
            <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 140-142) A character with 
                Clairsentience can use one or more of his senses (usually Normal Sight) at a 
                distance, and sometimes to perceive the future or past. Examples of Clairsentience 
                include mystic scrying spells, borescopes used to see through walls and around 
                corners, and closed-circuit television systems.</DEFINITION>
            <ADDER XMLID="INCREASEDRANGE" DISPLAY="x[LVL] Range" LVLCOST="5" LVLVAL="1" 
                LVLPOWER="2" LVLSTART="1" MINVAL="1" BASECOST="0" EXCLUSIVE="Yes">
                <SOURCE>Sidekick</SOURCE>
            </ADDER>
            <ADDER XMLID="PERCEIVEPAST" DISPLAY="Retrocognition" BASECOST="20">
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 141) This Adder allows a 
                    character to perceive events which have already happened in the 
                    past.</DEFINITION>
            </ADDER>
            <ADDER XMLID="PERCEIVEFUTURE" DISPLAY="Precognition" BASECOST="20" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 141) This Adder allows a 
                    character to perceive "visions" of the future.</DEFINITION>
            </ADDER>
            <ADDER XMLID="SINGLEDIMENSION" DISPLAY="Single Dimension" BASECOST="10" EXCLUSIVE="No" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 164) This Adder allows 
                    Clairsentience to view into one additional dimensions.</DEFINITION>
            </ADDER>
            <ADDER XMLID="DIMENSIONGROUP" DISPLAY="Related Group of Dimensions" BASECOST="20" 
                EXCLUSIVE="No" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 164) This Adder allows 
                    Clairsentience to view into group of dimensions.</DEFINITION>
            </ADDER>
            <ADDER XMLID="MOBILEPERCEPTION" 
                DISPLAY="Mobile Perception Point (can move up to [LVL]&quot; per Phase)" 
                BASECOST="5" LVLCOST="5" LVLVAL="1" LVLMULTIPLIER="6" LVLPOWER="2" LEVELSTART="0" 
                MINVAL="0" EXCLUSIVE="Yes">
                <SOURCE>UNTIL Superpowers Database</SOURCE>
                <DEFINITION>(UNTIL Superpowers Database, page 164; Revised, page 141) This Adder allows the character 
                    to move the perception point up to 6" per Phase while the Clairsentience Power 
                    remains active.</DEFINITION>
            </ADDER>
            <ADDER XMLID="MULTIPLEPERCEPTION" DISPLAY="[LVL] Perception Points" BASECOST="0" 
                LVLCOST="5" LVLVAL="1" LVLPOWER="2" LEVELSTART="1" MINVAL="1" MAXVAL="10" 
                EXCLUSIVE="Yes">
                <SOURCE>UNTIL Superpowers Database</SOURCE>
                <DEFINITION>(UNTIL Superpowers Database, page 164; Revised, page 141) This Adder allows the character 
                    to have the ability to perceive multiple perception points at once.</DEFINITION>
            </ADDER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="PRECOGNITIONONLY" DISPLAY="Precognition/Retrocognition Only" 
                BASECOST="-1" EXCLUSIVE="Yes" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 94; Revised, page 142) This Limitation means 
                    that Clairsentience can only be used for Precognition or Postcognition, thus 
                    not being able to use the Power as normal Clairsentience.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="DREAMSONLY" DISPLAY="Only Through Dreams" BASECOST="-1" 
                EXCLUSIVE="Yes" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 94; Revised, page 142) Precognition or 
                    Retrocognition with this Limitation only provides visions to the character 
                    through dreams.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="TIMEMODIFIERS" DISPLAY="Time Modifiers" BASECOST="-.5" EXCLUSIVE="Yes" 
                >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 94; Revised, page 142) Precognition or 
                    Retrocognition with this Limitation is harder to use over greater spans of 
                    time.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="ATTACKROLL" DISPLAY="Attack Roll Required" BASECOST="-.25" 
                EXCLUSIVE="Yes" LVLCOST="5" LVLVAL="1" LEVELSTART="1">

<ADDER XMLID="PLUSONEHALFDIE" DISPLAY="+1/2 d6" BASECOST="5" EXCLUSIVE="Yes">
                <EXCLUDES>PLUSONEPIP</EXCLUDES>
            </ADDER>
            <ADDER XMLID="PLUSONEPIP" DISPLAY="+1 pip" BASECOST="3" EXCLUSIVE="Yes">
                <EXCLUDES>PLUSONEHALFDIE</EXCLUDES>
            </ADDER> >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 142) Clairsentience with this 
                    Limitation requires and Attack Roll against DCV 3 every time the character 
                    tries to place his perception point.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="BLACKOUT" DISPLAY="Blackout" BASECOST="-.5" EXCLUSIVE="Yes" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 142) This Limitation 
                    signifies that the character cannot use his normal Senses while using his 
                    Clairsentience.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="ONLYTHROUGHOTHERS" DISPLAY="Only Through The Senses Of Others" 
                BASECOST="-.5" EXCLUSIVE="Yes" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 93; Revised, page 142) This form of 
                    Clairsentience uses the Senses of others to perceive through. In effect, the 
                    character must have another creature to use as his perception 
                    point.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="FIXEDPOINT" DISPLAY="Fixed Perception Point" BASECOST="-1" 
                EXCLUSIVE="Yes" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 94; Revised, page 142) Clairsentience with this 
                    Limitation has a fixed perception point defined when the power is purchased. 
                    The perception point cannot be changed thereafter.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="ONLYONE" DISPLAY="One Sense Only" BASECOST="-.25" EXCLUSIVE="Yes" >
                <DEFINITION>(Hero System Fifth Edition Rule Book, page 94; Revised, page 142) Clairsentience with this 
                    Limitation does not work with a Sense Group at its base level, but only a 
                    single Sense.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
            <MODIFIER XMLID="VAGUEANDUNCLEAR" DISPLAY="Vague and Unclear" BASECOST="-.5" 
                EXCLUSIVE="Yes" >
                    Retrocognition with this Limitation simulates an ability to foretell the future 
                    or uncover the past which is, at best, unreliable.</DEFINITION>
            </MODIFIER>
        </CLAIRSENTIENCE>

Ooh!  My turn for an example!

"Hi, I'm having a problem with HD.  I'm trying to [insert your specific goals here -- what you're actually trying to do].  I'm trying to do it by [insert the VERY specific steps you're taking in an attempt to achieve your goal].  When I do that, HD is [insert the VERY VERY specific results/response when you attempt to do whatever it is you're trying to do]."

You started with the grammatical equivalent of "Powers...huh?" and little else.  You then followed up with a page reference to the manual for the program that I wrote....which at the very least seemed to insinuate that you were trying to create a custom rules template (since that what was being covered on the page you referenced).  And now seem to have posted the XML for a Power you're trying to re-define in your custom template...but without ANY indication of a single piece of the information detailed in the above example.  Starting to see the problem?

"Starting to see the problem?" 

I used modification since the manual say the list of powers is fixed. Sending me some place and saying "Read that." would be a clear.

"Let's work on that student bit...Try reading my responses (again).  Then make sure you understand them.  Then read them again (again). Make sure your understanding of them is complete.  Then read them again.  Then respond here."

While do. I am sure that this is my problem getting some which should be clear. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

Ooh!  My turn for an example!

"Hi, I'm having a problem with HD.  I'm trying to [insert your specific goals here -- what you're actually trying to do].  I'm trying to do it by [insert the VERY specific steps you're taking in an attempt to achieve your goal].  When I do that, HD is [insert the VERY VERY specific results/response when you attempt to do whatever it is you're trying to do]."

You started with the grammatical equivalent of "Powers...huh?" and little else.  You then followed up with a page reference to the manual for the program that I wrote....which at the very least seemed to insinuate that you were trying to create a custom rules template (since that what was being covered on the page you referenced).  And now seem to have posted the XML for a Power you're trying to re-define in your custom template...but without ANY indication of a single piece of the information detailed in the above example.  Starting to see the problem?

Read that.