Looking to Form/Join Group in DFW Area

Soleil Noir

Well, it's a new year and I think we're all overdue for a return to normality, so I thought I'd put out the invitation and see if there are folks interested in starting an in-person, bi-weekly, long-term Champions campaign here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, or if there's an existing group that's got room for an additional player. 

For my own part, I've been GMing in the HERO System for about 35 years in a broad range of genres and styles.  I don't currently have any specifics about what sort of campaign I'd be running or when, preferring to tailor the game based on player availability and interest; but I would lean towards gaming on alternate weekends during the afternoon/evening, and doing a four-color "Avengers" style game (i.e.; any origin/background or power source), just for maximum flexibility and story options.  All levels of experience would be welcome; I find the most important attributes for a good gamer are a willingness to commit to showing up consistently and ready to play (i.e.; don't punk out at the last minute, and don't show up without your character sheet and dice at the bare minimum), and a desire to take an active role in cooperative story-telling (e.g.; if you're the sort who deliberately ganks their teammates or sabotages the story and then tries to rationalize it by claiming they're "roleplaying", you're not going to get invited back after the first warning).

Anyhow, folks who are interested are invited to respond here or contact me directly.  I look forward to hearing from you soon!

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada... so I don't think I can make it... buuuuuuut, if you were thinking of running a game online, or forming a group, I'd be so into it! I'm an old school player, so I'm an experienced GM and can run games.... except I'm still figuring out 6e, so I'd like to play a bit first. If you wanted to form a group with rotating GMs, like, one person runs a short series of adventures, and then someone else either continues on, or makes a game with new characters, I'd totally go for that, as I'd like to run some games and am working on plot as I work through the differing rules. (I played 3e, but I had a copy of 1e.) If you're interested, hit me up! I play some DnD on Discord and Roll20, and don't see why the same systems couldn't work for Champions.