Champions 6th Ed ISBN

Sketchpad

On 1/13/2022 at 6:21 PM, Sketchpad said:

I'm looking to find a copy of the 6th ed Champions in Hardcover and was wondering if the ISBN was different than the softcover? 

Not sure what softcover you're referring to (as far as I know, there was no softcover of 6E Champions), but the ISBN number on the hardcover I have is 978-1-58366-125-3.

10 hours ago, BigJackBrass said:

Presumably the print on demand version. It's frequently—and confusingly—shown as in stock on Amazon etc without mention that it's PoD or even paperback.

@Derek HiemforthExactly what @BigJackBrasssaid. The hardcover is incredibly difficult to find it seems, and the copies that are out there are stupidly expensive. I would love to grab a HC full color copy, but I'm not willing to pay much past retail. I kind of wish that Hero would set up the POD books to be in color and HC.

Thanks for the ISBN. Hoping that will help in my hunt.

2 hours ago, Sketchpad said:

@Derek HiemforthExactly what @BigJackBrasssaid. The hardcover is incredibly difficult to find it seems, and the copies that are out there are stupidly expensive. I would love to grab a HC full color copy, but I'm not willing to pay much past retail. I kind of wish that Hero would set up the POD books to be in color and HC.

Thanks for the ISBN. Hoping that will help in my hunt.

Nm, Brain was off

For what it's worth, using the ISBN does not separate the wheat from the chaff.  POD is a great idea for getting affordable publishing, etc.

From a collector's point of view, it's a barrel of caltrops scattered across every path.

(I have also been looking for a hard cover of Champions for a few years-- the original business model of publishing new books faster than I could generate disposable cash really sucked butt-- hard-- at the time, and as a result, I have next to nothing of the 6e books.  I have gone back to recollect the few that interest me, and apparently there were something on the order of fifty copies of any hardcover, and that was about it.  Obviously I don't know that factually, but spend ten years trying to track them down, and that's about how it appears.  Evidently there were only four copies of the 25th anniversary book ever published, too!  😠  )

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

For what it's worth, using the ISBN does not separate the wheat from the chaff.  POD is a great idea for getting affordable publishing, etc.

From a collector's point of view, it's a barrel of caltrops scattered across every path.

(I have also been looking for a hard cover of Champions for a few years-- the original business model of publishing new books faster than I could generate disposable cash really sucked butt-- hard-- at the time, and as a result, I have next to nothing of the 6e books.  I have gone back to recollect the few that interest me, and apparently there were something on the order of fifty copies of any hardcover, and that was about it.  Obviously I don't know that factually, but spend ten years trying to track them down, and that's about how it appears.  Evidently there were only four copies of the 25th anniversary book ever published, too!  😠  )

My @$$hole cousins have the few solid 6e books, but heck - I can't even get my dad's ashes from them much less my books

41 minutes ago, HeroGM said:

My @$$hole cousins have the few solid 6e books, but heck - I can't even get my dad's ashes from them much less my books

That completely sucks, Bub. Sorry to hear.

3 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I'd love to see Hero do POD books in color and hardcover. Oddly enough, I sold my Hero stuff a little while back and have kicked myself since. Maybe someday I'll get the books back I had, but I kind of doubt it.