One Has To Go

Starlord

Shrimp does nothing for me, so those can go.  Wings aren't my favorite, but I can eat them if they get put in front of me.  Steak is usually good solid food.  Pizza is ... wildly variable, but I like a considerable majority of what's out there.

11 hours ago, Old Man said:

Don't I know it, I wasn't always allergic.

That"s even worse!  You are ib the horribke position of knowing exactly what you're missing.

Dude, I hope there's a cure one day.

11 hours ago, Old Man said:

I kind of thought butter was nature's butter, but I know what you mean.

I can't  the "that's the joke" meme I had bookmarked, but yeah-  that was the joke I was making.  ;)

Such sort melt-in-your-mouth goodness....

:D

14 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

What you are being served is baked gravy, covered in gravy.  I get a lot of push-back on that until I ask them to list the ingredients of both items.  Turns out it's grease, flour and water.  For both.

Gravy on baked gravy.  

You’re making that sound like those are bad things.  Yummmmmmmmy!    Have you ever tried that with “Red-eye gravy”?   They make that by adding coffee!  Double Yummmmmmmmy!

First one:  well, I *believe* I've never had biscuits and gravy.  And from what I know of the recipe, I have no interest there.  At all.  So...can something go when it was never there in the first place?  Pancakes...well, that stack would be foolish when your A1c has hit double digits.  But I don't give them up;  I just don't do a stack.  Kodiak Cakes.  One nice-sized pancake every now and again.  With a berry topping...usually the mix, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries.  Zapped in the microwave, with cinnamon and stevia.  No, it's not real maple syrup...but IMO it's the next best choice.  Absolutely better than the ccommercial maple and corn syrup blends, and not as sweet as commercial fruit syrups.

Second one:  never been a big fan of wings.  Too messy.  The wing meat from a roasted chicken is, I'll grant, one of my favorite parts, but they aren't worth the trouble.  Or cost.  Pizza...RARE these days, but once or twice a year I indulge.

First one:  well, I *believe* I've never had biscuits and gravy.  And from what I know of the recipe, I have no interest there.  At all.  So...can something go when it was never there in the first place?  Pancakes...well, that stack would be foolish when your A1c has hit double digits.  But I don't give them up;  I just don't do a stack.  Kodiak Cakes.  One nice-sized pancake every now and again.  With a berry topping...usually the mix, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries.  Zapped in the microwave, with cinnamon and stevia.  No, it's not real maple syrup...but IMO it's the next best choice.  Absolutely better than the ccommercial maple and corn syrup blends, and not as sweet as commercial fruit syrups.

Second one:  never been a big fan of wings.  Too messy.  The wing meat from a roasted chicken is, I'll grant, one of my favorite parts, but they aren't worth the trouble.  Or cost.  Pizza...RARE these days, but once or twice a year I indulge.

Tried it several times- it is a hugely popular thing in this part of the country.

Let's go back to Duke's childhood growing up outside of Circle, Alaska in the 60s.

There would be _weeks_ at a time if the harvest had been bad that every meal was biscuits and some kind of grease.

Flour.  Biscuits taste like flour.  I do t care how much butter or salt or fluffiness you bake in or add on top, there is zero flavor difference between fresh-cooked biscuits and a handful of flour.

I told myself if I _ever_ got off the farm I would never eat another one of those mouth-drying soul-destroying sacks of bland.

I got off the farm at age 19.  I will be 62 in March, and so far, I haven't had another one.

As for gravy-

It's raw biscuit.  Made the same; tastes the same, only slightly more moist.  It'a wet flour.  Bake it, and it's a cake of biscuit.

Nope.

Let me be more specific: a buttermilk biscuit crust with sausage gravy as the sauce, topped with scrambled eggs, pieces of bacon, O'Brien potatoes (which include red and green bell peppers and onions), and diced tomatoes, all topped with cheddar jack cheese mix. You can put Tabasco sauce or pico de gallo on it if you'd like. Serve with your breakfast beverage of choice.

Who's with me?