Best Export for Printing

Sketchpad

What is everyone's opinion on the best Export option for printing? I've looked at a few of the HTML ones and there are some offset page breaks that can be deal breakers for me. Anyone know of one that works pretty well, particularly for newer players?

1 hour ago, schir1964 said:

A lot depends on the style you want. You say you looking for one for newer players. Does that mean you want less detail?

I don't know if it needs less detail, just good organization and clear navigation.

9 hours ago, HeroGM said:

I've been trying to do one using htmlbook, only issues is it only works in chrome for the time being.

I'm working on bringing XML into InDesign one of these days. Just need to figure out the coding on the InDesign side.

Htmlbook is exactly that's a set of role declarations in html tags to say what it is...this section is a chapter, etc. It's so PrinceXML and other html2pdf parsers can use it. The main issue is it uses @page which only chrome seems to fully recognize.

(sighs)

I'm old school.

My preference is actually export to text, then I'll edit from there.  HD's choices for laying out, say, advantages and limitations isn't necessarily the most readable.  Same with, say, powers in an MP...there's ways to lay them out that I prefer.  Yeah, maybe I could tweak an export template, but I'm not sure this'll get it all.  

And I've had to do stuff like that for ages, so it's no big deal to me.

6 hours ago, HeroGM said:

I know, as a web dev though we keep getting yelled at about table based layout.

Thank Gods for Grid and Fexbox now. 🥰

Keep in mind that these sheets were created a LONG time ago. Also, while it's messy as heck, it DOES a good job of keeping everything in the right place.

LOL it's functional, who cares what the code looks like. ;) :D

3 hours ago, Tasha said:

Keep in mind that these sheets were created a LONG time ago. Also, while it's messy as heck, it DOES a good job of keeping everything in the right place.

LOL it's functional, who cares what the code looks like. ;) :D

I know. I teased one of the professionals I know about it and it was 6 years ago I did it. And I don'tind the mess ☺️

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 3:04 AM, Tasha said:

I am very partial to the Tasha's Ultimate Sheet. Though I may be biased.

Tasha I like your design a lot, the one thing I would like to see mind you I am not familiar with html is on page 2 where it gives OCV and DCV a little note that to hit is equal to 11 + OCV - Die Roll = DCV hit. I put it on the pdf I printed from the html, but to do that for every character takes some doing. I don't know it may not be doable on your end, but this is more to help the newer players in our group and remind the older ones as they forget.

Take care and love your character sheet.

• 11 months later...