Names of Compound Powers in a template

tayliffe

New developer for templates. Learning from fiddling templates, but there is one thing I am not able to work out, even with HDDocs or my research.

Creating a compound power, each component can have a name. Example:

Sun Run Gun: <description> <text>

• Stun Ray: 2d6 NND
  • Kill Blast: 3d6 RKA

In 6E HTML Tasha's Ultimate Character Sheet v1.6.0 Serif n Blue Export Template. There is a summary of powers and equipment. Which I think is really good. And with compound powers you have a quick summary of what components make the power.

These components can have a name.

Tasha's Sheet would show:

Sun Run Gun     2d6 NND

3d6 RKA

I would like to modify it, to look like

Sun Run Gun     Stun Ray 2d6 NND

Kill Blast 3d6 RKA

I have tried the options in HD Docs and have not been successful. Can someone provide me information on the TAG that can access the Name of a Component Power. Or the process, to access that data from the field.

Looking at it now. It's been YEARS since I looked at the code.

The Compound Power thing is kind of an ugly hack(mine). I need to look over documentation to see if I can fix that stuff.

If you are the editing XML person and if you use Notepad++ the line you need to look at is 1211

Hello Tasha,

Yes, I am using Notepad++.

I know, well I think I know what I am doing, :)

As to it being ugly, hey, it works and I think it looks great (the export, not the code, LOL)

But in seriousness:

Below is a snippet from 6E HTML Tasha's Ultimate Character Sheet v1.6.0 Serif n Blue and is for the summary of Attack Powers, right after the combat tables.

794	<!--POWERS-->
795	<!--IF_ATTACK-->
796	<tr>
797		<td class="small" width="35%" style="vertical-align:top" nowrap><!--IFNAME--><span style="color: #0066cc"><b><!--NAME--></b></span><!--/IFNAME--></td>
798		<td class="small">
799		<!--IF_COMPOUND_POWER-->
800			<!--COMPONENT_POWERS-->
801				<!--POWER_DMG-->&nbsp; <!--DISPLAY--></br>
802			<!--/COMPONENT_POWERS-->
803		<!--/IF_COMPOUND_POWER-->
804		<!--IF_NOT_COMPOUND_POWER-->
805		<!--POWER_DMG-->&nbsp;<!--DISPLAY-->
806		<!--/IF_NOT_COMPOUND_POWER-->

And that produces an output like this:

image.png.2969c456d78c0310eaad3ed02b4048c3.png

So far all good, I've modified my code to have the attack powers summary start on the next page, so plenty of room.

In the Hero Designer in the powers, components can be named. As in the example below

image.png.2d2d8e123860c13348ad9ce66b34de82.png

Now, I know the tag has to go at the beginning of line 801. But the problem what tag? In creating the component powers, the field is called: Name. Tried that with no luck.

Tried Display and wondered why it was being printed twice (I am an idiot!)

Tried from HDDocs these:

image.png.38e92bc00aa26990699319cc299a3458.png

Tried a some others and can't remember what they were.

So Tash, or anybody else, can someone tell me what the tag is? Or the process to find that data. Or what post to look at, if it has already been covered.

Thank you everybody.

Hello Simon, 

Yes, I can access the overall name of the of the power. I don't have any trouble there. It is the component name of the power, if I have the language correct. 

If you are suggesting that I need to use the IFNAME tags surrounding the NAME tag to access the data. Not something I considered. I thought this tags were more for conditional situations, like changes in formatting, and the like not an initialisation or option to gather the data. But I will try it. 

If you figured it out and fix my sheet, I will be happy to upload it and give credit to you. Also if you edit it, please add to the comments right at the top of the Sheet. So we can credit all the wonderful people who have further worked on the sheet, to make it more awesome.

Tasha

9 hours ago, tayliffe said:

Simon,

Thank you - it works. I have better idea on the logic now. Your and Tasha's assistance have been very much appreciated.

Now banging my head on something else, but I have more info to work with. If I can't figure out this next situation - you might hear from me again, :)

20 hours ago, Tasha said:

This sheet was a group effort. Looking through a bunch of the Export Formats, I realize that ALL the character sheets have code yanked from Dan's original sheet.

Honestly, like HTML, you can only do so much with it. An exported table will have a lot of the same code, or if you want to do X....

6 minutes ago, Tasha said:

There are sections in some of those sheets that are obvious that they were lifted or were used as the basis for other sheets. ie Comments being identical between sections in a number of sheets

I talk to Rob Miller occasionally, and while he's pleased that people are using them and changing them he's a little... chagrined...that people don't credit.

So thanks to you, him, Dan and others.