Fallout Pip-boy conversion write-up?

Grue

What it says on the tin;-).  I pretty much have everything else squared away but I'm not sure how to do the Pip-boy's mapping function and VATS.  

The core of it is as a wearable computer.  VATS I was thinking some combination of CSLs usable by other (with an end reserve), but the mapping thing I'm not sure 'bump of direction' fits very well or if there is a better solution.  Thoughts?

Yeah pretty much what I did.  I pretty much expanded Bump of Direction to a large class of things (direction, position, places of interest), with the limitation of only places the user has visited/traveled (while wearing pip-boy) at a 1/2.

VATS I just used penalty skill levels, both targeting and range at 2 levels apiece, and attached a small endurance reserve to it. 

• 10 months later...

For Vats I would probably use some combination of Penalty Skill Levels to buy off Hit Location Penalties and/or Autofire or Multiple Attack penalties, since that seems to be how it functions primarily. For the mapping, some sort of Clairsentience maybe with a "Physical Manifestation" of some sort maybe that requires some Concentration or something like that.