Free transport familiarity in HD

Didsva

So I'm designing a character that could be used as a get away driver. So I did give her combat piloting which says that you can have one free familiarity of any vehicles that moves in three dimensions. But when I'm putting in her TF skills in HD it doesn't take that into account so how should I address this to keep track on how many points I have spend on character skills?

Again, giving the benefit of the doubt that if a character purchases Combat Piloting and then selects a singular TF for one of the mecha, then that mecha will be able to fly (otherwise, that Combat Piloting isn't going to do them much good).

Why in the name of all that's holy are you even worrying about that?

Seriously.  Pause.  Think about it.  Don't just go and post.

If you purchase Combat Piloting and then purchase TF: Anthropomorphic Mecha, that TF will cost you 0 points.  Why? Because it is presumed that you have a brain in your head.

If you purchase Combat Piloting and then purchase TF: Anthropomorphic Mecha, Small Planes, that TF will cost you 1 point.  It's entirely up to you which of those categories is free and which is 1 point...and it makes exactly zero difference in the display, the math, or any other aspect of character creation or use.

Let's try a different approach:

You purchase Combat Piloting and TF: Anthropomorphic Mecha.  Your character is pretty danged good at piloting anthropomorphic mecha that can fly in combat situations.  Congratulations.

During the campaign, your character comes across an anthropomorphic mecha that is unable to fly.  Guess what?  Your Combat Piloting won't come into play.

Similarly, your Combat Piloting  and TF: Small Planes won't help you when you get into a cessna with the wings cut off.