Hero Designer Templates

HeroGM

I need to do this myself, but...

Autofire skills shouldn't be Options, they should be 5 point adders, so you can select multiples at once.  I was building a pulse-based blaster;  he had some autofire built in, so I was giving him Rapid and Sprayfire.  Why use 2 lines?

Should be a simple tweak in the various templates...I just haven't done it since I thought about it.

(Side note, I did that for multiple attack skills too, both the Rapid Attack and Defensive Attack (from APG).  4 adders, 5 points each.)

Also note that if they're gonna be used all the time, you can simply adjust the templates, rather than extend.  Save the original to revert if necessary, and a copy of the mods so if/when you upgrade HD, you can easily port your changes back in.  I don't think there's been big changes to Heroic6E.hdt in some time.  Small tweaks like languages, ok, but not big ones.  NOTE:  start by extending until you know it works the way you want, and you've got everything in it that you want.  Adjusting Heroic6E.hdt is best done at the end, if at all.

Delayed END, huh?  I missed that one.  Have to look it up...

I'll see about the changes. While I could change my copy of Heroic6E.hdt, I don't want to take what others may or may not want to do with theirs. What if I don't have APG or ulimate skills? And since some of it overwrites the base as much as extends, giving it to other people makes more sense allowing them to choose what they want to do, not what *I* want them to do.

I already altered the Growth class along with the Template to include the Semi- levels. Some things you can pass out, some you can't, unless I post in the Source forum.

Well, no...for disseminating it, I agree.  Keep them in separate files.  

I threw in the mid-levels on Growth before, but those changes got lost in a hard drive accident.  Along with a bunch of other stuff.  Oh yes, I was cursing at myself for HOURS.

EDIT:  oh yeah, Delayed END.  Mmm...I'm not sure.  I build for supers, with good to high SPDs.  Once per turn at SPD 5 or higher is basically as good as 0 END, *except* that you can't make it persistent.  I might toss it in, tho;  figure, for example, as a replacement for Costs END only to activate, which for constant (but not persistent) powers is too cheap.  it's largely a campaign style question.  One place it might be nice, for me, is on movement powers.  I have a High Scale advantage...like Mega Scale, but 3, 10, 30, or 100 meters scaling.  And it works with the noncombat speed mult.  It's *principally* for Flight, and occasionally Running...4 SPD, 20", x60 (x30 with standard NCM) is 400 m/s, which is just under 900 mph.  I also prefer to say that a character *doesn't* have to use the advantage all the time...it's selectable.  END per turn would help with this.  The way to do it, both within the RAW and for END issues, is buy the baseline Flight with Reduced END if needed...1/2 END will work a lot of the time...then buy a Naked Advantage for the scaling, and buy 0 END for that.

END per turn would fit better.

One suggestion:  add an exclusion for Increased END Cost.  For Heroic, yeah, it's not likely anyone would take it;  for supers, I think often it'd be too cheap.