2022-23 NFL Thread

Pariah

26 minutes ago, Pariah said:

What in the Nine Hells is going on in Minneapolis?

Looks like a very low-risk, grinder-style offense from the box score.  Vikes have 28 first downs...but only 318 yards.  Longest reception is 17 yards.  Combine that with 2 missed FGs, and...things are not good.  But the Lions just missed a FG, so the Vikes will get the ball in excellent field position, with decent time on the clock.

EDIT:  too much time.  Vikes score way too easily to take the lead.

15 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Quite a few close games but one was too close.

And the Browns beat the Steelers ?

The Steelers have serious problems on offense.  It's still very early, but Trubisky's got a track record...that's much more bad to VERY bad, than good.  As long as he's in, it seems unlikely the problems will be solved.  And Mike Tomlin is stubborn, so it seems unlikely he'll change soon.

12 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

Holy crap. 

HOLY CRAP!

Did you see that game?? Of course not, no one else watches the Jags... but holy crap! That's two games now where we look like a real team. A real good team. Damn. 

I'm about to become insufferable. 

Oh, please don't. You'll set a horrible precedent.

I mean, what happens if the Vikings ever start playing well...?

8 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

Oh please. What are the odds of that? 

Better than the odds of the Broncos playing well this year...

For a game in good weather, on a good field, this might be the worst combined exhibition of offensive football I've seen in years.  With 10 minutes left, the teams are a combined 3-23 on third down.  13 offensive points...the safety should count as -2 for offense, that was HORRIBLE...and 16 punts.

Mr. P, I'd suggest 2 ounces of topical muscle relaxant of your preferred style.  Repeat as needed...but not more than 3 doses per evening.

At this point I'm not at all sure where Denver will end up, altho I don't think they'll make the playoffs.  The offense is horrible, but the defense is better than I thought.  How much of this evening was the Niners?  Some, I gotta think.  That safety was a marginal call at best, and Jimmy G basically panicked.  I'll give Denver an A- on defense, with the Niner ineptness turning it into an A+.

Oh, and let's give kudos to the punters and punt coverage, both ways.  Can't recall the last time I saw that many punts burying the return team that deep.  Kicking teams, too.

21 hours ago, unclevlad said:

At this point I'm not at all sure where Denver will end up, altho I don't think they'll make the playoffs.  The offense is horrible, but the defense is better than I thought.  How much of this evening was the Niners?  Some, I gotta think.  That safety was a marginal call at best, and Jimmy G basically panicked.  I'll give Denver an A- on defense, with the Niner ineptness turning it into an A+.

Speaking of inept, next week is Broncos at Raiders.  It's the inept vs. the incompetent, yet someone has to win!*

* I'm sure both teams will find a way to lose somehow.

The post-game drama may well be whether Kenny Golladay goes back to complaining about his usage...or lack thereof.  3 targets, no catches;  a significant drop late.

EDIT:  

Some Giants fans are less than thrilled.

https://gmenhq.com/2022/09/26/ny-giants-fans-blasting-kenny-golladay-mnf-loss/

Can't blame them.  His contract is huge...and weird.  And done by the guys who got fired.  Why it's not working is anyone's guess, but it's a disaster.