Hero Designer update?

sturmrider

Hi all,

I bought my version of Hero Designer back in 2017 it is version 6, but since then have there been any updates or reason to buy it again. I have been away for a little while health reasons and am just getting back into Hero and if it is worth updating I will do so. For example I saw one of the programmers talking about adding I think it was Divination, but it may have been something else. 

Look forward to hearing from youi.

Regards,

Larry

There have been plenty of updates, but no need to re-purchase -- just go to the "Manage Purchases" page in the top navbar (beneath "Store") and click on HERO Designer in your purchases list -- the latest update is always linked at the bottom of that page.

54 minutes ago, HeroGM said:

@Simon - Does the offer of "if you code it, send to me and I'll see if it past muster for inclusion" still in play?

Not really - 6E supplements have not been included by request of DOJ (except for where discrete abilities are considered part of canon).

Your best bet would be to contact Jason and talk about putting together a character pack for any supplements that you'd care to see.

8 hours ago, sturmrider said:

I went to the store to buy the Ultimate Skills book, but didn't see one. I was going to try and set it up for Hero Designer, but I guess there isn't such a book.

That's on me. I keep wanting to call it Ultimate Skill since that's what it comes across as to me. It's Hero System Skills in the store.

Skills are actually trivial to incorporate, because you can freely change the display name of any existing skill once you've selected it.  For me, I often change Persuasion or Oratory to Leadership.  I use APG's defensive attack...one way to do that is to relabel Rapid Attack.  Eventually, I changed the template, so I have a Multiple Attack Skills that has all 4 options as individual adders.  I don't believe that required a change to the source code, but I may have, in a couple minor spots.  

I go for changing the template or even doing a prefab before I touch the source. I have had to on some of the Power options in APG because of the way it's pulled. For example the .hdt file sends the text to the growth file running through an if() that holds the actual values. If that file doesn't have "Semi-Huge" to pull the values from having it in the .hdt won't matter.