Skill edit window inaccessible in HD 20220312?

GM_Champion

I don't know if this is HD or Java, but here's the situation on Windows 10:

1) no issues with HD version 20210804 (immediately prior version)

2) I've used HD version 20220312 the past couple of months without issue, but loaded it today (Saturday) for the first time in a few weeks, and I think maybe Java updated once during that time.

3) Issue - I load any hero, go to Skills tab, click on a skill, and then either click edit button at bottom, or right-click on the skill and select edit - then HD main window loses focus (as it should), but no edit window shows up anywhere.

When this first happened, I used task manager to end the Java task, loaded up 20210804, loaded same hdc, edited skills without issue, saved. Then I went back to 20220312, loaded hero, tried to edit a skill, same thing - HD main window loses focus, no new edit window shows up.

Since it happens across multiple hdc files, I don't think the hdcs are the issue but maybe (1) java update recently combined with 20220312; or (2) the edit window is spawning, but always off-screen.

I use a laptop with a second display, and I've tried disconnecting the display and then loading HD to see if the edit window would show, but no go.

Help, please?

(I'll upload any file you think would help)

A friend suggested I check preferences about window positions.

I unchecked "Remember dialog position and size" and that fixed it.

Q - how does the dialog position get corrupted to begin with?

1. You have HD set to remember the size and position of dialogs (the default preference setting)

2. You have positioned the Skill dialog off of the current screen (likely on a different system/setup)

Delete the appPrefs.xml file and start HD again.