Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

Local news for me: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nevada-governor-declares-state-emergency-fuel-pipeline-leak-california-rcna70227

The pipeline that feeds unleaded gasoline and diesel from refineries in Southern California has a leak, and the pipeline has been shut down as of Thursday night. As there are other means of delivery, there shouldn't be shortages here unless people panic and start hoarding.

I'l probably be able to avoid most of it, as I usually only fill up my Prius about every three weeks or so, and I have about 300 miles left to go on this tank.

Probably means you'll see a spike in gas prices...which may or may *not* relate to any supply variation....

I'm in a cynical mode there because of local, natural gas prices:

Dec:  $7.50 per, more or less

Jan:  almost $14

Feb:  reported to be back to $6.50

And, no, January wasn't cold.  A bit below normal, but we haven't had any unusually cold weather all winter.

37 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Probably means you'll see a spike in gas prices...which may or may *not* relate to any supply variation....

I'm in a cynical mode there because of local, natural gas prices:

Dec:  $7.50 per, more or less

Jan:  almost $14

Feb:  reported to be back to $6.50

And, no, January wasn't cold.  A bit below normal, but we haven't had any unusually cold weather all winter.

I received my natural gas bill this morning. It was about $55 higher than my electricity use last month. 

So, my solution for the rest of February is to play more intensive games on my gaming computer and turn off the heater.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

RIP

He was the comedian that Hogan put in a hold that made him unconscious.

I remember Homicide with affection and he then transferred that to SVU

The Munch-verse is a reference to his character, John Munch. He had played the character in multiple series, including The X-Files. A muppet version appeared on Sesame Street in the sketch, "Law and Order: Special Letters Unit". 

RIP