Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

7 hours ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

The old Conservative nightmare, striking workers are back. This has been going on a while with various parts of the medical service on strike, doctors and nurses, as well members of the rail unions. Plus ca change as the French say. 

On 6/3/2023 at 8:54 AM, Cygnia said:

This feels like it's gonna be a tough sell.  Not that I don't believe the guy, but termination for this reason actually doesn't strike me as illegal in the first place.  Not to mention, termination is likely, mostly, at the discretion of the company.  I can hope Blizzard loses, but I wouldn't hold my breath.......

On 6/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

Well, yeah, she sounds like a total idiot.  Leaving 2 and 4 year olds with matches?  The child neglect charges look to be a slam dunk;  the arson might not be, on its face, but if the child neglect is a felony, then the arson charge might stick from that angle.  Poor kids...foster care might end up being an improvement but that's still often a tough road.  Unless there's another family member to take them;  mommy isn't gonna keep them, that's for sure.

in 2011, a man was arrested for three counts of animal cruelty and thirty three counts of negligence. The county took these ponies from him. The property was sold. The reason this is relevant is in the last few days, the city/county is digging up this property with permission from the current owners. The word is they are looking for human remains.

CES