Hardbacks and Physical Books?

Ndreare

Are there any plans for printing physical books again or ways to get the hardbacks? Over time I have lost my hardbacks of the Hero 6th edition volume 1 and 2. 

Looking around the only options I saw were paperback from Amazon.com or drivethrurpg.com.

I have an old copy of the POD paperback version and the colors are washed out and not as vibrant as the hardback was.

Also, you can let drivethrurpg.com to do "high quality color hardbacks" which are really medium quality.  But I think more fans than just myself would be willing to pay the increased cost of POD hardbacks.

I know I would be willing to pay $100 for a solid hardback product to hold and put on my shelf.

I totally miss the ones Steven signed when he came to Sedro Woolley and regret having lost them so very much.

10 hours ago, HeroGM said:

I didn't want my 6e1 hardback 😞 I wanted the softcover.

Yeah, 
I feel like the softcover would be great if there was a color option. But the differnce in visual pleasure when reading between a quality color print and a black and white is pretty significant. 

It always struck me as weird because we have created print on demand products for Driver through RPG, the file for color and black and white was the same, so we just chose color as the primary option. Then let the client pick what they wanted. I do not understand why DoJ would not let us have that option.

• 6 months later...
On 6/23/2022 at 12:55 AM, Ndreare said:

Yeah, 
I feel like the softcover would be great if there was a color option. But the differnce in visual pleasure when reading between a quality color print and a black and white is pretty significant. 

It always struck me as weird because we have created print on demand products for Driver through RPG, the file for color and black and white was the same, so we just chose color as the primary option. Then let the client pick what they wanted. I do not understand why DoJ would not let us have that option.

I've seen many examples over the years of businesses and IP holders pulling products or making them unavailable for reasons I can't understand. Remember a decade or so ago the app "Flappy Birds" went viral? The maker pulled it when it was bringing in $100k PER DAY because of personal reasons. Even though he was not wealthy and this was probably life-changing money for him and his family. Then there was Gary Gygax's widow simply not wishing to let certain products be published or republished even when it was all set to go with the business partner that Gary had chosen. And then there are certain decisions by DoJ/Hero Games which I won't get into.

It's all a mystery. But owner of stuff can do what they want with their property.

• 4 weeks later...

Add me to the list of people wanting hardcovers, at least for the main books.  My hang-up is that I can't handle paper/pages being bent and wrinkled.  I end up with multiple copies of books that I really like "just in case".  If one gets what is in my mind damaged, I have to hide it from myself and use a different copy.  Hardbacks for me is much easier to deal with and less expensive in the end.