So it's July 4th

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

Ordinarily I post something amusing as one who does not celebrate the American holiday.

However there ain't much to laugh at or poke fun at of late. And I seem to have run out of ideas.

So for those of you celebrating July 4th, have a safe and healthy day.

26 minutes ago, death tribble said:

So going out with a burkha on and machine gunning them ?

It's the American Way !

That didn't take long, did it?

9 minutes ago, Scott Ruggels said:

The weather today is gorgeous but very dry. So no private fireworks are permitted, but then It’s California. Going to do a bit of shopping.  I do miss the opportunity to engage in pyromania, but on balance, a lovely day.   

So, no grilling?  wait, no Lox to light the grill  :)

Fireworks are ok but burger are better

24 minutes ago, Tom Cowan said:

So, no grilling?  wait, no Lox to light the grill  :)

Fireworks are ok but burger are better

Oh, there will be grilling.  Looking forward to a flame cooked triple cheese burger and some fresh potato salad, and a tall glass of iced tea with no sugar.  

It is cool and overcast here at the moment.  We had a picnic dinner on the beach yesterday late afternoon; saw an osprey (but not an eagle, which also live around here).  Because I felt like it, I made my great-grandmother's gingerbread recipe for breakfast.  A number of bangs earlier this morning but nothing since about 8AM (it's about 0925 as I type this).  Don't think we'll be doing much today, and this being a Monday I doubt there'll be much in the way of sports on TV that I want to watch.

I used to be really into illegal fireworks, culminating around the turn of the millennium when we were launching 8" mortars from the street in front of my friend's house in a crowded residential neighborhood.  However, we were always careful to restrict launches to the officially designated fireworks time windows--none of this launching salutes at two in the morning a week after Thanksgiving. 

Since then I've seen some YouTube videos that have really discouraged me from being around any kind of large fireworks.  I'm over it.

Also not in much of a mood for celebration.  Might be related to my recent research into permanent emigration.

I’m going full blown ‘Murica this year. 

89E831CB-B233-4A91-A608-D3281B04BD4A.thumb.jpeg.fbbfed40517ebe2f4e98401f9fad543f.jpeg

grilling hot dogs for lunch right now. dinner will be ribs, corn, fried potatoes and bacon green beans.  

Fireworks tonight. 

Then camping for a week up at my lady’s cabin by Kyburz with my daughter and her boyfriend. Swimming, hiking, target shooting.

Good times.