Rank the Star Trek Captains

Pariah

Consider the following list of Captains from the various Star Trek series:

James T. Kirk (The Original Series)

Jean-Luc Picard (The Next Generation / Picard)

Benjamin Sisko (Deep Space 9)

Kathryn Janeway (Voyager)

Jonathan Archer (Enterprise)

Gabriel Lorca (Discovery)

Saru (Discovery)

Michael Burnham (Discovery)

Carol Freeman (Lower Decks)

Dal R'El (Prodigy)

Christopher Pike (Strange New Worlds)

(One could also include Philippa Georgiou from the first couple of episodes of Discovery if so inclined, but I didn't.)

How would you rank these Captains? Top three? One through eleven (or twelve)? Grade them A, B, C, D, or F? Or some other system?

Share your thoughts here.

I've only watched TOS, a bit of TNG, and one or two each of DS9 and Voyager.  (And I've seen Captain Pike, but only in the TOS episode in which that character appears.)  I have a preference for Kirk over Picard, but that may be for nostalgia reasons (since I watched TOS in first run as a 5th- and 6th-grader).  I can't express an opinion on the others.

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

No mention of Kirk ?

You have offended my dignity and you have offended the NGD forums. My name is Death Tribble, you insulted the Shatner, Prepare to Die !

“I have not seen enough* of the rest or not seen at all to give an opinion.” 

*seen the first two Trek films. 

Revised list for only Death Tribble: Picard, Nesmith, Janeway, Kirk. :P PS: let it go, for both our sakes. 

25 minutes ago, Bazza said:

“I have not seen enough* of the rest or not seen at all to give an opinion.” 

*seen the first two Trek films. 

Revised list for only Death Tribble: Picard, Nesmith, Janeway, Kirk. :P PS: let it go, for both our sakes. 

You don't recognise quotes from Enter the Dragon and The Princess Bride ?

Turn in your Nerd card at once !

20 minutes ago, death tribble said:

You seriously do not know 'You have offended my family and you have offended the Shaolin Temple' and 'My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die' ?

For shame Bazza. That's like not knowing the lyrics for Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. 

I know the lyrics to Skippy, as o went down to Santa Fe where Renoir paints the walls, described you clearly, but the sky began to fall. AIEGSYFA

And I know I haven't offended the Shaolin Temple as I have their Grandmasters book, plus many others relating to their arts. Should I list them for you? 

Kirk was more clown than captain.  Sisko wasn't a ship captain;  station commander is something quite different.  Janeway...heck, even Kirk had more command presence in his little finger than Janeway seemed to show, at least the relatively few Voyager episodes I saw.  Other than Picard, I can state with some pride that I watched 1 episode of that CBS ridiculousness, and scrupulously avoided the rest.  

So Picard wins, and it's absolutely no contest.

James T. Kirk

Benjamin Sisko

Christopher Pike

Jean-Luc Picard

Saru

Michael Burnham

Hologram Kathryn Janeway (Prodigy)

Carol Freeman

Kathryn Janeway (Voyager)

Dal R'El

Gabriel Lorca

I didn't make it through the first episode of Enterprise so I can't rate Jonathan Archer.