Can a character make a Combined Attack using Attacks that are different slots of the same Multipower?

Hey I Can Chan

Question

The Multiple Attack rules (6E2 73–8 and includes the rules for making a Combined Attack on 6E2 74) on Power Frameworks, in part, says, "A character can make a Multiple Attack with two or more slots in a single Power Framework" (6E2 78). However, making a Combined Attack with the same resources isn't mentioned specifically.

With that in mind, assuming a big enough reserve, can a character make a Combined Attack with two or more Attacks that are different slots in the same Framework? For example, a character possesses a Multipower with a 100-point reserve and has a slot that's a Blast 10d6 (so 50 Active Points) and a different slot that's a RKA 3d6+1 (so also 50 Active Points). Can the character allocate his Multipower reserve to these slots and make a Combined Attack that employs both Powers?

2 answers to this question

Like Derek, my answer is "Yes.  The same logic applies as for a Multiple Attack. "

Back in the SETAC days, I asked Steve why a character couldn't have a variable slot Multipower and blend attacks as he saw fit, or use the exact construct discussed above.  Apparently, his answer was "yeah, why not indeed!"