Unable to print to PDF

grandmastergm

That functionality was removed years ago due to incompatibility of required libraries with current versions of Java.

Use the export functionality - whatever format you export to, the native renderer on your system (e.g. Word, browser, etc) will allow printing to pdf.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

That functionality was removed years ago due to incompatibility of required libraries with current versions of Java.

Use the export functionality - whatever format you export to, the native renderer on your system (e.g. Word, browser, etc) will allow printing to pdf.

Is there any way for it to put in as an export format?  Or has anyone come up with a way to export to a similar to pdf as before?

I posted an PDF that someone had done on drivethrurpg in another post.

DanS: Did the .yml file and script in the source tell the exported material where to go? I was looking to see if it could be exported and then taken to the original sheets as an xml file but it all seems internal to that PDF code.

Think the main issue was the pdf template - I got the pdf file and everything, but where and what was inputted was the issue. Thinking it could be a two step process similar to the one on drivethru. Export the XML/whatever and then having it tossed into the pdf.

HD would export to a very basic text format, which would be read in and merged into a PDF by a JRuby component which was not for the faint of heart.  The Java - Ruby tie-in was the primary source of compatibility issues (deprecation).

And there is a XFDF format that Acrobat will read and import into Form filled PDF without Ruby. You have to have a HDE -> XFDF Export along with a PDF that has the required fields. It just requires the user to do a few more steps then straight Print to PDF

I retained my copy of HD3.

It still works for most characters. Some characters do cause flow issues,  or slight miss alignments.

EDIT: The print to pdf that created the perfect character sheets was not under file.  it was under "Current Character"