Shrinking will randomly display height and mass (5E build 20220312)

Strand

I try not to post a question here because the problem is between the keyboard and the chair. :)

Never the less, I have been building a Shrinking character. On different occasions 3 levels of shrinking will display a different result. It's a radically different result like .2m (which is 4 levels of shrinking. Another character with 3 levels of shrinking has .0095m. I think that's like 7 levels.  Some of these are inside of an EC and some are not and I don't know what is going on. I start a new character and just build it and just notice that the levels are off. Right now it really doesn't matter and I am just using the program as a guide as the numbers don't matter (sort of like "Whose Line is it Anyway".  But I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong. 

Sometimes the Shrinking numbers will show up properly. The Perception and DCV numbers are fine. I have not changed any of my settings. There was a Java update but I had the problems before that. I am on an iMac (Intel chipset).

I suppose I could just reinstall the program. Everything else seems to work.

Thanks.

The height & weight numbers that Shrinking displays are based on the starting/base values entered on the Background tab.  A character that is normally the size and weight of an ant will have different values listed than a 6'2" 220lb character.

Firing up...unless you've modified it, the default baseline height is 2 meters.  1 level, 1 meter;  2 levels, 0.5 meters.  3 levels, 0.25 meters.

If you've adjusted the height?  1.8 meters --> 0.225 meters, which might get shown in some areas as 0.2.

For the other character...check and see if you have the height entered in inches...but the units of measure is set to meters in the preferences?