Wizards of the Coast Announces One D&D

Scott Ruggels

Unless they change 1.0a to simply read irrevocable the conversation with serious 3rd party creators is over. Unless they change the language so they can’t take your work (and somehow say they never thought of that) that conversation is over. Unless they remove language that they can change new OGL at any time with 30 days notice the conversation is over. 

43 minutes ago, Old Man said:

“Armchair gamers”? How is that different from, like, …gamers?  Is there some kind of hardcore crossfit gaming I’m unaware of?

I've seen some people at conventions get quite physical at the gaming table. Even rolling dice while standing up and acting like they're at a Las Vegas craps table when they roll well.

4 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

As was said, the only reason for Surveys is to put the "conversation" someplace that isn't public, and bury it, rather than let it out into the public via Reddit, and YouTube.

I’ve heard some of this dismissive rhetoric of feedback given by the peasantry firsthand before. The surveys have always just been rage siphons and that’s why credits in some of the books include “thanks to legion of fans” and stopped listing all the actual playtesters. 

So this dropped today, and it's apparently an announcement for OGL 1.2  It appears that WoTC has backed down, on some items and have moved the 5e mechanics to  Creative Commons, but which version the announcement does not say. I am not one that can provide any sort of legal analysis, but  it appears to be less of grab than before, but I could be wrong.

Announcement.
https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1432-starting-the-ogl-playtest

PDF of the New OGL:
https://www.dndbeyond.com/attachments/39j2li89/OGL1.2_DraftForDiscussionPurpose.pdf

Take a look and see if this will stem the tide of people becoming new Pathfinder players.

Episode 1.2 of the OGL Saga: The OGL "Playtest"

In which WotC retains the right to kick people out of the OGL, terminate the OGL, or impose royalties whenever they want.  While they continue to try to revoke OGL 1.0a. 

They do, however, cherry pick the uncopyrightable core mechanics and "release" them under a Creative Commons license, so there's that.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:32 PM, Old Man said:

“Armchair gamers”? How is that different from, like, …gamers?  Is there some kind of hardcore crossfit gaming I’m unaware of?

LARP.

Those are the crossfit gamers.

Lots of these videos are no longer available

So...   Google involvement, or a buttload of C and D orders flying about?