How Do I...? Nerve Spasm/Muscle Twitch

Black Rose

Partly to let me keep track of my own questions, and to get answers.

Okay! I'm trying to figure out how to simulate this effect: I can make one target at a time suffer a momentary spasm or twitch. Most of you know what that looks like -- briefly lose your grip on something and fumble for it, stumble as you're walking along a normal path, and so on. Voluntary muscles only -- no stopping someone's heart. Anything that can be recovered from in about a second or so (a little more if you tripped and fell). The important thing is that I activate it, you "twitch", and we're done; if I want you to keep having problems, I must repeatedly do this to you (so no Constant effect). 

Now, thanks to writing this out, I'm starting to think Change Environment with Varying Combat Effects, that way I can effectively "inflict" a roll for what I'm trying to do (mostly DEX penalties I'm thinking, but also Running or Leaping penalties as needed). But there might be a better way I'm not seeing. Anyone?

TIA