Which 5th Edition Sourcebook replicates TSR's Greyhawk Adventures or Weis & Hickman's Dragonlance Saga the best?

fdw3773

After a few months hiatus, I'm getting inspired again to revitalize a Fantasy Hero campaign that has been in my archives since the mid to late 1990s and was briefly updated for Palladium Fantasy and featured on a fan's website. My personal preference is 5th Edition over 6th, and I was wondering: which 5th Edition Sourcebook replicates TSR's Greyhawk Adventures or Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman's Dragonlance Saga the best? I have the digital version of Atlantean Age, which seems more along the lines of characters as mythic level heroes/avatars, demigods, and planeswalkers and a bit too high in power level for what I was to use.

Thanks for your help in advance. 🙂

Strongly agree with Scott. The Turakian Age was deliberately written to capture the essence of classic D&D game worlds. Pretty much all the familiar races, creatures, and character types are represented, although TA does feature some more distinctive takes and departures. There are also several 5E source books which add more creatures and NPCs, detail a host of magic spells and enchanted items, and even provide a trio of (potentially linked) adventures.

You can follow one of the links in my signature below, for a thorough discussion of TA. ;)

I'd say it's not an official HERO Games product/book but a fan website that best captures rules for a Greyhawk/Dragonlance type D&D campaign. 

That website is my favorite of all the HERO fan-sites, Killershrike's 'High Fantasy HERO' site (it's primarily 5th edition content to boot). I'm willing to bet his 'World of Generica' is just what your looking for,

He breaks down feats, classes, races and especially magic in 5E mechanics. It's got SO MUCH content it's amazing IMO. If I won the lottery I'd pay to have all that content professionally laid out and setup for Print on Demand books. 

I'd also recommend checking out his other HERO content, he's got Sci-Fi and Cyberpunk and Super-HERO pages just as detailed and content rich as his Fantasy HERO page. Not to mention pages for other RPG systems.