Winter Holidays 2022!

Awww....   :(

don't worry- it isn't quite depression.

it is just a pang of wistful nostalgia.

Like everyone else, I have a few dolks to whom I must mail a Christmas gift or two.  Now anyone who has heard mention of my seasonal Santa look and who might suspect that I am quite extroverted should understand that I absolutely _love_ Christmas (not the commercialized bits with thr endless adds and the headless nervous hope that maybe this will be the year that we win the war on Christmas (really:  just win.  Either side; I dont care who wins.  I just want the stupid cyclic complaints to stop)...

I enjoy it so much that when it is time to pack evertthing back,up, I always insit on leaving one thing out- one decoration- for the whole year.  For several years it is been a particular candle or ornament or ribbon-- wife has assured me that she is fine with this, but that I will never agwin talk her into leaving the whole tree up.

Not sure why- it was so much faster the next year!  Just slide it from th3 dining room (she acceoted this originally,because our dining room has no front-facing windows, so the neighbors would never know) and right into the living room windows- done!

Probably,because neither ofbus had ever had an artificial tree,before, and had no idea what a massive pain they are to dust whwn ledt out for a year.  And that whilenit was obvious we xouldnt dust it with a leaf blower, it turns out that a shop vac will also down whole ornaments, too.....

Anyway, I just received word that the final Christmas present I sent out was opened an hour or two ago.....

Christmas is over again.....

So I have to think about next year now...

10 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Awww....   :(

don't worry- it isn't quite depression.

it is just a pang of wistful nostalgia.

Like everyone else, I have a few dolks to whom I must mail a Christmas gift or two.  Now anyone who has heard mention of my seasonal Santa look and who might suspect that I am quite extroverted should understand that I absolutely _love_ Christmas (not the commercialized bits with thr endless adds and the headless nervous hope that maybe this will be the year that we win the war on Christmas (really:  just win.  Either side; I dont care who wins.  I just want the stupid cyclic complaints to stop)...

I enjoy it so much that when it is time to pack evertthing back,up, I always insit on leaving one thing out- one decoration- for the whole year.  For several years it is been a particular candle or ornament or ribbon-- wife has assured me that she is fine with this, but that I will never agwin talk her into leaving the whole tree up.

Not sure why- it was so much faster the next year!  Just slide it from th3 dining room (she acceoted this originally,because our dining room has no front-facing windows, so the neighbors would never know) and right into the living room windows- done!

Probably,because neither ofbus had ever had an artificial tree,before, and had no idea what a massive pain they are to dust whwn ledt out for a year.  And that whilenit was obvious we xouldnt dust it with a leaf blower, it turns out that a shop vac will also down whole ornaments, too.....

Anyway, I just received word that the final Christmas present I sent out was opened an hour or two ago.....

Christmas is over again.....

So I have to think about next year now...

There's a Santa hat on my car's back seat right now. It's usually on the passenger seat's headrest for most of the year. My late wife loved Christmas, and it's a pleasant reminder of the time we had together.

One of the biggest days is coming up: January 29. 

It is both National Puzzle Day and National Corn Chip Day

I will be celebrating by making my famous Puzzle Shaped Corn Chips. I haven't done this in years. Should be fun. This year I have large and small shapes.