Welcome to the 'How Does Death Tribble Ruin Thanksgiving ?' thread

death tribble

Immediately after my first post, I went to pull the turkey out of the refrigerator in the garage. We left it out there since Monday to thaw.

I pulled it out this morning and it was frozen solid.

Fortunately, this is kind of the secondary turkey. Grandma has a turkey and hers that's already been in the oven for over an hour. I'm hoping I can at least get the giblet pack out and then get our turkey in the oven here in a bit.

55 forecast for today...bit cool for down here but quite pleasant.  

Got to set up the chicken shortly, but that's easy.  Going lazy...prosciutto and cheese.  Gonna start by just fileting the chicken breast;  if the thickness looks good there, that'll be it.  Layer the goodies, fold the halves back together.  Season well, wrap, back in the fridge til time to cook.

Made gingerbread.  Made coffee.  Watched some soccer.  Watched a bit of Lions-Bills.  Helped trim the brussels sprouts.  Inspected and washed the raspberries.  We'll be heading over to feast in a bit less than three hours.

Oh, and Death Tribble ruined Thanksgiving by contributing Spam Chip Cookies to the desserts table.  He intentionally burned them a bit so it was harder to tell what they were until you put one in your mouth.

I prepared our small Thanksgiving dinner: a couple slabs of turkey breast I cooked in a frying pan, stuffing from a box, canned sweet potatoes, storebought rolls and veggie tray, with storebought pumpkin pie afterward. Not much, but it's just me, my mother, my brother, and one of my sisters. I am thankful that my mother and siblings are all still alive and mentally functional.

Dean Shomshak

3 minutes ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

We did this once, about 20 years ago. Still one of my favorite Thanksgivings. Never had the guts to try to reproduce it by myself. 

My youngest sister spent 8-12 hours in the kitchen preparing this meal. Everything turned out great. She's happy with her results, as are the rest of us.

10 hours ago, unclevlad said:

One smiles when *giving* the Vegemite sandwich.  That distinction is important. 

Somebody got it. Well done

12 hours ago, death tribble said:

Did you smile as you had a Vegemite sandwich ?

11 hours ago, Bazza said:

since a roll is different to a sandwich…no. 

Well then do you come from a land down under ? Where beer flows and men chunder ? Can you hear, can you hear the thunder ? If you can, you'd better run, you'd better take cover.