Multipower and multiple items

grandmastergm

Question

What is the rule for multiple items in a multipower? It looks like all of the canonical HERO/Champions characters have the multiple items outside of a multipower but a player of mine thinks that it's legal.  Basically he wants to be able to have this:

Weapons Pool:  Multipower, 60-point reserve; all slots OAF (-1)

Dual MP-7 SMGs:  Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2); OAF (-1), 30 Charges (+1/4); Notes: x2 number of items

Dual Katanas:  Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (2d6+1 w/STR); OAF (-1); Notes: x2 number of items

Twin .50 with Depleted Uranium Shells:  Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6+1, Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2) (52 Active Points); OAF (-1), 4 clips of 7 Charges (-0); Notes: x2 number of items

Twin .45 autos:  Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6+1, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4) (52 Active Points); OAF (-1), 2 clips of 12 Charges (-0); Notes: x2 number of items

I'm disinclined to give him this as it makes him more powerful than canonical Champions characters and seems like an abuse of the rules.  I can't find the official rules though. What is the official ruling?

1 answer to this question