The 2023 Superdraft Thread

Pariah

We just wrapped up 2022 with a Superdraft—the first we've ever run in December, if memory serves correctly—so I guess it's time to begin talking about 2023.

If no one has any objections, I have an idea for one in January. I would start it on the 9th. If any of you have one you would like to run later in the year, tell me when and we'll keep it updated here.

Sound good?

The 2023 Superdraft Master Schedule 

January: The Five Bad Band (Pariah)

February: Magus University Superdraft (Hermit)

March: none

April: none

May: Master List Superdraft (Sociotard)

June: 

July: 

August: 

September: 

October:

November: 

December: 

Edited by Pariah
Updated 22 May 2023

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure I should mention this, but ... it's been a while since we did a "Screw Yer Buddy" Superdraft. The way it worked was that the Administrator assigned each player two or three picks to use to try to spice up (e.g., derail) someone else's story. Part of the challenge was to overcome the unexpected submissions and still construct something coherent.

Is there any desire at all for something like that this year? And if so, who wants to run it?

Oh, and one more thing....

Spoiler

220px-Sportacus_1.jpg

On 2/6/2023 at 12:20 PM, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

I'm trying to come up with some wizardly concept. Still working on it. 

Announcing the Magus University Superdraft, coming this March!

We're going to build and populate a University of Magic. I say university specifically to imply the students will be adults. You will draft students, staff, and a department w/ dean. Want Gandalf to teach enchantment? Want Sherlock Holmes to instruct alchemy? Want Batman to demonstrate evocation to star pupil Velma Dinkley? Now's your chance! 

Still working on some particulars. Open to ideas. 

Does that interest everyone? 

3 hours ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

Announcing the Magus University Superdraft, coming this March!

We're going to build and populate a University of Magic. I say university specifically to imply the students will be adults. You will draft students, staff, and a department w/ dean. Want Gandalf to teach enchantment? Want Sherlock Holmes to instruct alchemy? Want Batman to demonstrate evocation to star pupil Velma Dinkley? Now's your chance! 

Still working on some particulars. Open to ideas. 

Does that interest everyone? 

I actually like RPGs set in wizard schools (Some good D&D and Pathfinder games I was in) so rock on. I will try to be in on this one.

6 minutes ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

I was already considering allowing real people for this draft, so with more consideration, yes, real people are go for this one. 

So I can draft Cancer as a teacher, then have Asmodeus as a Bureaucratic Administrator who tortures him with unreasonable demands, cruel policies, deadlines, and under funding? 😈

2 hours ago, Hermit said:

So I can draft Cancer as a teacher, then have Asmodeus as a Bureaucratic Administrator who tortures him with unreasonable demands, cruel policies, deadlines, and under funding? 😈

For more realism, Asmodeus would be the chairman of the Board of Regents, and the Board would select out "distinguished" faculty and promote them so that they were no longer teaching but rather were administrating.  This maximizes the misery of all involved.