Interesting Development: A.I. art cannot be Copyrighted.

Scott Ruggels

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of AI. I found this text to image generator. It has a bunch of different models to choose from. Seems free with an option to upgrade for access to more features, but doesn't limit the number of images you can generate. I haven't played around with complex prompts, and it doesn't do as well with less detailed prompts as MidJourney, but it's decent at some stuff:

Text-to-image AI Image Generator (free / freemium) - Dezgo

I teach part time. This year it’s high school math. Today, I asked the students to try to solve a mathematical induction proof using AI. Out of 53 students two of them succeeded in less than three minutes. I asked one of the students to show me his results just to see if it was accurate. It was spot on. 

He was using ChatGPT and it looked like someone had solved the same problem (a fairly common problem for PreCal and Calculus) and the AI had just used their solution. However, … a quick look over the student’s chat with the AI showed that he was entering all his homework problems and copying the solutions. It had 9 out of 10 correct answers with worked out solutions.

I laughed and congratulated him on his use of technology. “Just be sure you can answer those types of problems on the test.”

I think we’re just a few years out from being able to answer just about any question. “What plants would grow well in this corner of my yard?” “What would a 1922 Romanian Monster Hunter carry in their pockets?”

I’ve given up being afraid of the future. I just hope the Matrix pods are comfortable.

I'm amusing myself with ChatGPT hallucinations.

I am playing a tabletop RPG using Hero System 5th edition revised by Steve Long. I want my character to be fully invisible to the Sight Group. How many points do I need to pay for invisibility?

In the Hero System 5th edition revised by Steve Long, you can achieve complete invisibility to the Sight Group by purchasing the Invisible Power with the "Affects Sight Group Only" modifier.

The cost of the Invisible Power depends on its level of effectiveness, which is determined by the amount of Perception rolls an observer must make to detect you. To be completely invisible to the Sight Group, you would need to purchase Invisible with the "Affects Sight Group Only" modifier at its maximum level, which requires observers to roll a Perception check against a difficulty of 18- (i.e., they must roll an 18 or higher on 3d6 to detect you).

According to the Hero System 5th edition rules, the cost of the Invisible Power with the "Affects Sight Group Only" modifier at its maximum level is 30 points per level. So if you want to be completely invisible to the Sight Group, you would need to pay 30 points for each level of the power.

I am playing a tabletop RPG using Hero System 5th edition revised by Steve Long. I am using a 5d6 Energy Blast against an enemy with 8 points normal defense. I make my attack roll. How do I calculate damage? Assume we are not using hit location modifiers.

To calculate the damage from your Energy Blast attack in Hero System 5th edition, you need to determine the attack's base damage, which is equal to the number of dice rolled plus the attack's damage class (which is determined by the character's power or equipment).

In this case, you are using a 5d6 Energy Blast, so the base damage is 5 plus the damage class of the attack. Let's assume the damage class is 6, which is a typical value for Energy Blast attacks.

So the base damage for your attack would be 5 + 6 = 11.

Next, you need to compare the attack's base damage to the target's defense value. In this case, the target has 8 points of normal defense.

If the attack's base damage is equal to or higher than the target's defense value, the attack hits and inflicts damage. If the base damage is lower than the target's defense value, the attack misses and does not inflict damage.

In this case, since the base damage of your Energy Blast attack is higher than the target's defense value, the attack hits and inflicts damage.

To calculate the damage inflicted, you subtract the target's defense value from the attack's base damage, and then multiply the result by the attack's damage multiplier. Let's assume the damage multiplier for your Energy Blast attack is 1, which is a typical value.

So the damage inflicted would be (11 - 8 )* 1 = 3.

Therefore, your Energy Blast attack would inflict 3 points of damage to the target.

Edited by Sociotard

1 hour ago, Sociotard said:

I'm amusing myself with ChatGPT hallucinations.

I am playing a tabletop RPG using Hero System 5th edition revised by Steve Long. I want my character to be fully invisible to the Sight Group. How many points do I need to pay for invisibility?

In the Hero System 5th edition revised by Steve Long, you can achieve complete invisibility to the Sight Group by purchasing the Invisible Power with the "Affects Sight Group Only" modifier.

The cost of the Invisible Power depends on its level of effectiveness, which is determined by the amount of Perception rolls an observer must make to detect you. To be completely invisible to the Sight Group, you would need to purchase Invisible with the "Affects Sight Group Only" modifier at its maximum level, which requires observers to roll a Perception check against a difficulty of 18- (i.e., they must roll an 18 or higher on 3d6 to detect you).

According to the Hero System 5th edition rules, the cost of the Invisible Power with the "Affects Sight Group Only" modifier at its maximum level is 30 points per level. So if you want to be completely invisible to the Sight Group, you would need to pay 30 points for each level of the power.

I am playing a tabletop RPG using Hero System 5th edition revised by Steve Long. I am using a 5d6 Energy Blast against an enemy with 8 points normal defense. I make my attack roll. How do I calculate damage? Assume we are not using hit location modifiers.

To calculate the damage from your Energy Blast attack in Hero System 5th edition, you need to determine the attack's base damage, which is equal to the number of dice rolled plus the attack's damage class (which is determined by the character's power or equipment).

In this case, you are using a 5d6 Energy Blast, so the base damage is 5 plus the damage class of the attack. Let's assume the damage class is 6, which is a typical value for Energy Blast attacks.

So the base damage for your attack would be 5 + 6 = 11.

Next, you need to compare the attack's base damage to the target's defense value. In this case, the target has 8 points of normal defense.

If the attack's base damage is equal to or higher than the target's defense value, the attack hits and inflicts damage. If the base damage is lower than the target's defense value, the attack misses and does not inflict damage.

In this case, since the base damage of your Energy Blast attack is higher than the target's defense value, the attack hits and inflicts damage.

To calculate the damage inflicted, you subtract the target's defense value from the attack's base damage, and then multiply the result by the attack's damage multiplier. Let's assume the damage multiplier for your Energy Blast attack is 1, which is a typical value.

So the damage inflicted would be (11 - 8 )* 1 = 3.

Therefore, your Energy Blast attack would inflict 3 points of damage to the target.

You know, if we could hook up ChatGPT to a die roller...

On 4/20/2023 at 2:59 AM, Bazza said:

That’s not “a chance”…it’s happening. 

But at least we will have AI therapy to help us adjust to the heat, flooding, inevitable zombie apocalypes (IZA), and eating bugs. I can't see anything going askew.