Ghost Girl(working title)

Beast

Here is a new character I came up with from a subject posted in the Hero FB page by Steve Otto
what do you think?
Comments are welcome(so long as they are nice and or constructive)

Ghost Girl

VAL    CHA    Cost    Roll    Notes
15    STR    5    12-    HTH Damage 3d6  END [1]
18    DEX    16    13-
20    CON    10    13-
18    INT    8    13-    PER Roll 13-
10    EGO    0    11-
13    PRE    3    12-    PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
7    OCV    20
9    DCV    30
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
7    SPD    50    Phases:  2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12
2    PD    0    2/15 PD (0/13 rPD)
2    ED    0    2/15 ED (0/13 rED)
10    REC    6
40    END    4
12    BODY    2    
40    STUN    10

Movement    Cost    Meters    Notes
RUNNING    0    12m/24m    END [1]
SWIMMING    0    4m/8m    END [1]
LEAPING    0    4m    4m forward, 2m upward
FLIGHT        40m/160m

TELEPORTATION        10m/20m

Characteristics Total: 164

Cost    Powers
    Sub-Atomic Particle manipulation, all slots Unified Power (-1/4), OIAID (-1/4), Perceivable (-1/4) - END=
22    1)  Resistant Protection (13 PD/13 ED) (39 Active Points) - END=0
39    2)  Partially Desolid(Quantum state in flux): (Total: 70 Active Cost, 39 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points) (Real Cost: 11) plus Physical Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points) (Real Cost: 11) plus Mental Damage Reduction, 50% (30 Active Points) (Real Cost: 17) - END=0
16    3)  LS  (Immunity All terrestrial diseases; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (29 Active Points) - END=0
20    4)  Energy: Detection A Large Class Of Things 13- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Targeting (35 Active Points) - END=0
      - END=
41    Quantom physics manipulation: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); all slots Unified Power (-1/4), OIAID (-1/4) - END=
2f    1)  Quantum radiation field: Blast 3d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Does BODY (+1) (49 Active Points); Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Power Defense; -1/2) - END=2
7v    2)  Flight 40m, Position Shift, x4 Noncombat (50 Active Points) - END=2
3f    3)  Teleportation 10m, x4 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1m = 100 km; +1 1/2) (50 Active Points) - END=2
3f    4)  Desolidification  (affected by strong magnetic and gravity fields) (40 Active Points) [Notes: 10m of flight] - END=2
2f    5)  Invisibility to Sight, Radio and Hearing Groups and Spatial Awareness  (35 Active Points) [Notes: 15m of flight] - END=1
3f    6)  Quantum rearranging: Healing BODY 2d6, Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Turn; +1 1/2) (50 Active Points) - END=2

Powers Total: 158

Cost    Martial Arts
4    Fast Strike:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 11d6 Strike
5    Flying Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
3    Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 10d6 Strike, Target Falls
3    Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 +v/10, Target Falls
4    Sacrifice Lunge:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, 9d6 +v/10; FMove
24    +6 HTH Damage Class(es)

Martial Arts Total: 43

Cost    Skills
4    PS: Scientist 13-
3    Scientist
2    1)  SS:  Particle Physics 12- (3 Active Points)
2    2)  SS:  Physics 12- (3 Active Points)
3    3)  SS:  Quantum Physics 13- (4 Active Points)
    Dex Skills
3    1)  Stealth 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Shadowing 13-
3    2)  Computer Programming 13-
3    3)  Concealment 13-
3    4)  Deduction 13-
3    5)  Electronics 13-
3    6)  Inventor 13-
    Everyman skills
0    1)  Acting 8-
0    2)  Climbing 8-
0    3)  Conversation 8-
0    4)  Paramedics 8-
0    5)  Persuasion 8-
0    6)  TF:  Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles [Notes: Custom Mod is Everyman Skill]

Skills Total: 35

Value    Complications
20    Accidental Change:  High energy fields 11- (Very Common)
10    Distinctive Features:  (Concealable by turning off her powered up form), Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
15    Hunted:  S.U.S.H.I.(High tech villain group Infrequently (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
10    Physical Complication:  Has no organs in energy form (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)
10    Psychological Complication:  Carless use of high energy  (Uncommon; Strong)
10    Social Complication:  Secret Id Infrequently, Major

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400
Experience: 0
Experience Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 400

1836817_10152320830171788_1002991314_o.jpg

So she's a flying Martial Artist.  Cool!

I have two flags (whether they are red depends on your answers)

1-  The Sacrifice Lunge   13 d6 damage?  After a full move?    It would be nice to have your campaign parameters here like : CV 8  Spd 6  Defenses total 50 AP  Attacks 50 AP (with up to 75 with advantages)  But as it is this is a lot of damage!

2- Quantum radiation field   3 body every one of her phases means that by the time phase 6 comes someone will have taken 9 body.  I would have severe misgivings about allowing this ability.  It is extremely lethal.  If this is a PC, be prepared for some villains unleashing BIG attacks on you just to get you out of the fight ASAP.  If the rational is "I'll only use it in emergencies!" I don't buy it.  I have had encounters wit too many players who said that, and then used it all the time.

AS far as the rest.... not bad!

Agreed that, absent campaign parameters, any character is very hard to assess.  Based on her numbers, I am guessing a standard 10 – 12 DCs, with the Sacrifice Lunge being an outlier.

So that means a typical attack will average 35 – 42 STUN, 10 to 14 past defenses.

PRE 13 will mean lost actions if villains use PRE attacks.  Just Violent Actions demonstrating a Superpower adds some dice.

In my games, 7 SPD is quite fast, so I would expect below-average attacks, defenses and/or some other compensatory weaknesses.

Given pretty much everything is OIAID, I would expect the character will be denied those powers every so often.  Can she survive with 2 PD and ED?  Similarly, I would expect to see adjustment powers reasonably often to justify the savings from Unified Power.  A 6d6 Drain will take out your defenses pretty quick (and I think it hits each Damage Reduction, not one at a time).

How is her Energy Detection Perceivable?  I can get the force field effect and partial desolid being visible.  The Life Support being visible also seems odd.

The lethality of that radiation attack have been noted.  I will point out that a similar attack, by a character with the same SPD, would leave your character at -9 BOD in one turn.  Would you and the rest of the players be OK with a similar AoE attack being used against you?  Or just a mimic character copying that power (you don’t have Power Defense). 

I would require the MP have a 62 point base and that each power pay for reduced END, but other GMs may feel differently.  It also looks like your Flight assumes the Adders are not used. While 6e V1 p408 allows avoiding the reserve allocation, the adders still increase the END cost.

With Accidental Change in a Very Common situation, how long can that ID stay a secret?  Maybe the Change is out of, rather than into, energy form (making her defenseless for that window, and unlikely to survive a solid hit from an opposing Super)?

Like Cygnia, I also don’t see the drawback of having no organs in energy form.

15 hours ago, Cygnia said:

How does having no organs in energy form impair her?

The power healing won't work on her(she would have to drop out of her super powered Id to be healed)
while she has her own healing she would need to retreat from battle to do that and she is the only one who can do it(in most cases)

9 hours ago, Mr. R said:

So she's a flying Martial Artist.  Cool!

I have two flags (whether they are red depends on your answers)

1-  The Sacrifice Lunge   13 d6 damage?  After a full move?    It would be nice to have your campaign parameters here like : CV 8  Spd 6  Defenses total 50 AP  Attacks 50 AP (with up to 75 with advantages)  But as it is this is a lot of damage!

2- Quantum radiation field   3 body every one of her phases means that by the time phase 6 comes someone will have taken 9 body.  I would have severe misgivings about allowing this ability.  It is extremely lethal.  If this is a PC, be prepared for some villains unleashing BIG attacks on you just to get you out of the fight ASAP.  If the rational is "I'll only use it in emergencies!" I don't buy it.  I have had encounters wit too many players who said that, and then used it all the time.

AS far as the rest.... not bad!

she is built for a standard superheroic 400pt character

as per page 35 of 6e vol 1

speed 3-10  CV 7-13 DC 6-14 active pts 40-80 ......

the "Quantum radiation field" is meant to be like the spines on a porcupine(stay away)
the body is stopped by normal power def(I could have made it a rka and now it would have to be resistant Power def for the same cost)

this would also make her a target to knockback or throw her teammates into the field(so she has to be careful of when she uses it)

1 hour ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Agreed that, absent campaign parameters, any character is very hard to assess.  Based on her numbers, I am guessing a standard 10 – 12 DCs, with the Sacrifice Lunge being an outlier.

So that means a typical attack will average 35 – 42 STUN, 10 to 14 past defenses.

PRE 13 will mean lost actions if villains use PRE attacks.  Just Violent Actions demonstrating a Superpower adds some dice.

In my games, 7 SPD is quite fast, so I would expect below-average attacks, defenses and/or some other compensatory weaknesses.

Given pretty much everything is OIAID, I would expect the character will be denied those powers every so often.  Can she survive with 2 PD and ED?  Similarly, I would expect to see adjustment powers reasonably often to justify the savings from Unified Power.  A 6d6 Drain will take out your defenses pretty quick (and I think it hits each Damage Reduction, not one at a time).

How is her Energy Detection Perceivable?  I can get the force field effect and partial desolid being visible.  The Life Support being visible also seems odd.

The lethality of that radiation attack have been noted.  I will point out that a similar attack, by a character with the same SPD, would leave your character at -9 BOD in one turn.  Would you and the rest of the players be OK with a similar AoE attack being used against you?  Or just a mimic character copying that power (you don’t have Power Defense). 

I would require the MP have a 62 point base and that each power pay for reduced END, but other GMs may feel differently.  It also looks like your Flight assumes the Adders are not used. While 6e V1 p408 allows avoiding the reserve allocation, the adders still increase the END cost.

With Accidental Change in a Very Common situation, how long can that ID stay a secret?  Maybe the Change is out of, rather than into, energy form (making her defenseless for that window, and unlikely to survive a solid hit from an opposing Super)?

Like Cygnia, I also don’t see the drawback of having no organs in energy form.

using standard superheroic pg 35 vol1 of 6e

well found a use for the 10 pts from spd for Pre

7 spd oops hit the up arrow on HD 1 too many times and did not catch that(will lower to spd 6)

Forgot personal immunity on the "Quantum radiation field"(will change that)
changing the MP to 62 pts and having each each slot pay for reduced end is something I could live with
Accidental change should be uncommon and will change(need to find 10 more point for complications)

Thank you Hugh
updated  version below

Ghost Girl

18    DEX    16    13-
20    CON    10    13-
10    EGO    0    11-
23    PRE    13    14-    PRE Attack: 4 1/2d6
7    OCV    20
9    DCV    30
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
6    SPD    40    Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
10    REC    6
40    END    4
12    BODY    2    
40    STUN    10

FLIGHT        40m/160m

Cost    Powers
    Sub-Atomic Particle manipulation, all slots Unified Power (-1/4), OIAID (-1/4), Perceivable (-1/4) - END=
39    2)  Partially Desolid(Quantum state in flux): (Total: 70 Active Cost, 39 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points) (Real Cost: 11) plus Physical Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points) (Real Cost: 11) plus Mental Damage Reduction, 50% (30 Active Points) (Real Cost: 17) - END=0
16    3)  LS  (Immunity All terrestrial diseases; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (29 Active Points) - END=0
20    4)  Energy: Detection A Large Class Of Things 13- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Targeting (35 Active Points) - END=0
      - END=
41    Quantom physics manipulation: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); all slots Unified Power (-1/4), OIAID (-1/4) - END=
2f    1)  Quantum radiation field: Blast 2 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Does BODY (+1) (45 Active Points); Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Power Defense; -1/2) [Notes: 15m of flight] - END=2
3f    3)  Teleportation 10m, x4 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1m = 100 km; +1 1/2) (50 Active Points) - END=2
3f    4)  Desolidification  (affected by strong magnetic and gravity fields) (40 Active Points) [Notes: 10m of flight] - END=2
2f    5)  Invisibility to Sight, Radio and Hearing Groups and Spatial Awareness  (35 Active Points) [Notes: 15m of flight] - END=1
3f    6)  Quantum rearranging: Healing BODY 2 1/2d6, Decreased Re-use Duration (5 Minutes; +1) (50 Active Points) - END=2

Cost    Martial Arts

Cost    Skills
3    Scientist
    Dex Skills
3    1)  Stealth 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Shadowing 13-
3    3)  Concealment 13-
3    4)  Deduction 13-
3    5)  Electronics 13-
3    6)  Inventor 13-
    Everyman skills
0    1)  Acting 8-
0    2)  Climbing 8-
0    3)  Conversation 8-
0    4)  Paramedics 8-
0    5)  Persuasion 8-
0    6)  TF:  Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles [Notes: Custom Mod is Everyman Skill]

Value    Complications
10    Accidental Change:  High energy fields 11- (Uncommon)
10    Distinctive Features:  (Concealable by turning off her powered up form), Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
15    Hunted:  S.U.S.H.I.(High tech villain group Infrequently (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
10    Physical Complication:  Has no organs in energy form(normal healing does not work) (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)
10    Psychological Complication:  Careless use of high energy  (Uncommon; Strong)
10    Psychological Complication:  reluctance to kill  (Common; Moderate)

3 hours ago, Beast said:

the "Quantum radiation field" is meant to be like the spines on a porcupine(stay away)
the body is stopped by normal power def

And HOW COMMON is Power Defense?

Take a look at her team mates, how many have Pow Def?

Take a look at your villain roster, how many have Pow Def?

If it is everyone, then the power is useless.  If it is no one then you have some serious explaining to do to your fellow players (esp if you are a GM)  

3 hours ago, Beast said:

changing the MP to 62 pts and having each each slot pay for reduced end is something I could live with

Well, that would seem to be the way the rules are written. Multipower Reserves do not themselves cost Endurance; therefore, Reduced Endurance is not a valid Advantage for them.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

2f    1)  Quantum radiation field: Blast 2 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Does BODY (+1) (45 Active Points); Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Power Defense; -1/2) [Notes: 15m of flight] - END=2

Basic Blast operates against Normal Defenses. Converting them to operate against Power Defense is an Advantage. Then making the attack NND reduces that Advantage; it does not make it a Limitation.

As a matter of notation, though, good idea to note how many meters of Flight the character can use with each fixed slot.

Dean Shomshak

well I rated it as rare uncommon for the AVLD
What do you feel it should be?

8 minutes ago, Mr. R said:

And HOW COMMON is Power Defense?

Take a look at her team mates, how many have Pow Def?

Take a look at your villain roster, how many have Pow Def?

If it is everyone, then the power is useless.  If it is no one then you have some serious explaining to do to your fellow players (esp if you are a GM)  

I rated the AVLD as rare-uncommon
it is area effect so I would be cautious around teammates and civillains

19 minutes ago, DShomshak said:

Well, that would seem to be the way the rules are written. Multipower Reserves do not themselves cost Endurance; therefore, Reduced Endurance is not a valid Advantage for them.

as all the powers that I plan to have in will cost end and it would be a common modifier for the MP
as this character was built on Hero Designer I shouldn't be able to add that Modifier by that logic

19 minutes ago, DShomshak said:

Basic Blast operates against Normal Defenses. Converting them to operate against Power Defense is an Advantage. Then making the attack NND reduces that Advantage; it does not make it a Limitation.

As a matter of notation, though, good idea to note how many meters of Flight the character can use with each fixed slot.

Dean Shomshak

I went for the AVLD Rare-Uncommon  advantage(not sure how it is a negative

29 minutes ago, Beast said:

well I rated it as rare uncommon for the AVLD
What do you feel it should be?

The chart on p 325 of 6e1, and p 98 of CC, place Power Defense two steps down from normal defenses. Following that, AVAD should be +1 and NND should be +1/2. (Though the 6e writeups in the Champions Villains series still seem to rate NND vs Power Defense as +1. <shrug>)

IDean Shomshak

Mk3

lets see if this works

Ghost Girl

18    DEX    16    13-
20    CON    10    13-
10    EGO    0    11-
7    OCV    20
9    DCV    30
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
10    REC    6
40    END    4
12    BODY    2    
40    STUN    10

FLIGHT        40m/160m

Cost    Powers
      - END=
2f    1)  Quantum radiation field: Blast 2d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Power Defense; +1), Does BODY (+1) (45 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) [Notes: 5m of flight] - END=2
3f    6)  Quantum rearranging: Healing BODY 2 1/2d6, Decreased Re-use Duration (5 Minutes; +1) (50 Active Points) - END=2

Cost    Martial Arts

Cost    Skills
3    Scientist
    Dex Skills
3    1)  Stealth 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Shadowing 13-
3    3)  Concealment 13-
3    4)  Deduction 13-
3    5)  Electronics 13-
3    6)  Inventor 13-
    Everyman skills
0    1)  Acting 8-
0    2)  Climbing 8-
0    3)  Conversation 8-
0    4)  Paramedics 8-
0    5)  Persuasion 8-

Value    Complications
10    Accidental Change:  High energy fields 11- (Uncommon)
10    Physical Complication:  Has no organs in energy form(normal healing does not work) (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)
10    Psychological Complication:  Carless use of high energy  (Uncommon; Strong)
10    Psychological Complication:  reluctance to kill  (Common; Moderate)

With a total limitation of -1/2 on the power suite, plus that Accidental Change limitation (assuming it shuts her powers off rather than activating them), I would expect her to be without those powers every so often.  That would be painful with 2 defenses.

I expect she will inflict a lot of BOD with that radiation field.  Given she will likely be flying a lot, collateral damage from Knockback alone stands to be significant. It will also cause considerable property damage.

As an aside, if you made that a KA, vs Power Defense, I would be assessing it as “against normal power defense” unless you applied a greater advantage for the more rare resistant power defense (really, a better approach to the game as a whole would be that all special defenses are “resistant” automatically).

As you can see, neither Dean nor I are fans of the “advantage on the framework” model.

To the Healing, it seems she can never use it on herself. She would have to drop out of OIAID for healing to work, in which case the power would not be available.

I would not allow both Perceivable on the OIAID powers and Distinctive Features for being in that ID. Either it is a limitation or a complication, not both.

What is the campaign default for killing? I don’t consider “reluctant to kill” a serious deviation from a mentally healthy person.  I would also question whether just routinely firing up a lethal radiation field (it would kill a person in 30 seconds or less) is consistent with that limitation, or with taking issue with careless use of high energy. 

Other than the Healing clarification, this is game-specific, and your GM may run differently than I would (or Dean would).

here is mk4

took out the DF
her healing is only for herself, as kinda the same way Dr Manhattan  put himself back together after Adrian tried to discintagrate him in Watchmen and tells him that was the first thing he learned about his powers
as the damage field is in the same MP as her flight with just 5m , she will not be flying far(on foot she moves 12m)
if there should be no advantages on an MP, by that logic there should be no  Limitations( they should only be on the slots)

Ghost Girl mk 4

18    DEX    16    13-
20    CON    10    13-
10    EGO    0    11-
7    OCV    20
9    DCV    30
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
10    REC    6
40    END    4
12    BODY    2    
40    STUN    10

FLIGHT        40m/160m

Cost    Powers
      - END=
2f    1)  Quantum radiation field: Blast 2d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Power Defense; +1), Does BODY (+1) (45 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) [Notes: 5m of flight] - END=2
7v    2)  Flight 40m, Position Shift, x4 Noncombat (50 Active Points) [Notes: noncombat 86 mph] - END=2
2f    6)  Quantum rearranging: Healing BODY 2 1/2d6, Decreased Re-use Duration (5 Minutes; +1) (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (self only; -1/2) - END=2

Powers Total: 157

Cost    Martial Arts

Cost    Skills
3    Scientist
    Dex Skills
3    1)  Stealth 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Shadowing 13-
3    3)  Concealment 13-
3    4)  Deduction 13-
3    5)  Electronics 13-
3    6)  Inventor 13-
    Everyman skills
0    1)  Acting 8-
0    2)  Climbing 8-
0    3)  Conversation 8-
0    4)  Paramedics 8-
0    5)  Persuasion 8-

Value    Complications
5    Accidental Change:  High energy fields 8-, in to hero form(Uncommon)
20    Hunted:  S.U.S.H.I.(High tech villain group Infrequently (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)
20    Psychological Complication:  Code vs killing (Very Common; Strong)

Total Character Cost: 399

7 hours ago, Beast said:

if there should be no advantages on an MP, by that logic there should be no  Limitations( they should only be on the slots)

Oookay, let's see what the rules specifically say about Advantages on Multipower reserves.

6e1, page 405:

An Advantage taken for the Multipower reserve applies to all slots automatically; each slot does not have to purchase the Advantage again. Gamemasters should be wary of this. Don't let a character apply an Advantage such as Armor Piercing or Reduced Endurance to  Multipower reserve as a cheap way of applying it to all slots unless he has an extremely good justification and it fits his character conception and special effects well. (In particular, GMs should usually require characters to buy Reduced Endurance for each slot, not for the reserve as a whole.) The preferred method is to buy an Advantage for each slot, even if each slot has the same Advantage.

OTOH, three paragraphs down the text says that a reserve can have an Advantage, even if the Advantage is irrelevant to some of the slots -- with the specific example of placing Life Support in a Multipower that has Armor Piercing or Reduced Endurance on the reserve, even though Life Support does not cost Endurance anyway, and canny be Armor Piercing.

I regard the text as muddled to the point of summing up to, "Uh, whatever." And a great waste of word count. But it sort of supports the way Ghost Girl's Multipower is written, in that the specific suggestion not to do this is specifically undercut on the same page.

So what about Champions Complete? Page 122 says:

Advantages always apply to the framework only; calculate Advantages on slots into the slot's Active Points (even if all slots in a framework take the same Advantage).

(With Charges as a special exception.)

So by the latest iteration, no, all Ghost Girl's slots need separate Reduced Endurance and the reserve must have enough points to accommodate this.

For what it's worth, I cannot recall any Advantage except Charges ever placed on a Multipower reserve in a published character. (See Lazer, in CV3, for example.) But if your GM follows 6e and accepts Reduced Endurance on a Multipower reserve as valid, I am in no position to say he, she or nonbinary pronoun is definitely wrong. Just that I would never allow it.

Dean Shomshak

6 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

With a total limitation of -1/2 on the power suite, plus that Accidental Change limitation (assuming it shuts her powers off rather than activating them), I would expect her to be without those powers every so often.  That would be painful with 2 defenses.

Painful, but potentially dramatic. Comics have had lots of heroes with off switches, like early Thor (turn to semi-crippled Don Blake if he's without his hammer for a full minute) or Captain Marvel (Billy Batson couldn't turn into "the big red cheese" if he was gagged).

I'm completely okay with this. The incoming character in my Avant Guard campaign has pretty much everything on OIAID, and I am pondering ways of forcing the character into such no-powers situations.

(Though Ghost Girl still has her Martial Arts even when her Powers are shut down, and that ain't nothing. More than Billy Batson or Don Blake had, for sure!)

Dean Shomshak

If the GM wants 1/2 end bought on each slot then I will change it
but pretty much I have never had 1 say as much
Why hasn't this been changed in HD?

If CC is the standard

yes she has her MA and none of her stats have any limitations
so a flying dodge has her at DCV 13 and still a spd 6

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Why hasn't this been changed in HD?

If CC is the standard

I assume that's a rhetorical question. If not, you'd have to ask someone involved in producing and/or maintaining Hero Designer. (Simon seems to be the guy at the HD forum.) I've never used it. All I know is that published works must now follow CC.

Dean Shomshak

16 hours ago, Beast said:

here is mk4

took out the DF
her healing is only for herself, as kinda the same way Dr Manhattan  put himself back together after Adrian tried to discintagrate him in Watchmen and tells him that was the first thing he learned about his powers
as the damage field is in the same MP as her flight with just 5m , she will not be flying far(on foot she moves 12m)

I'm curious whether you have run this by your GM, as a lot of what Dean and I are saying falls squarely within "GM Prerogative".

Her Healing is OIAID.  You have taken a 10 point Complication for, basically, "Healing does not work on her AID energy form".  If she can always access healing when in her Energy form, that doesn't seem like much of a Complication.  When would it ever have an adverse result on the character?

Limitations on the Multipower as a whole reduce the cost of both the pool and the slots. The Reserve gets the Limitation only if it also applies to all of the slots. Putting an advantage on every slot requires the reserve to increase, so the advantage has increased the cost of both the reserve and the slots.  CC cleans up the mess made by the conflicting comments cited from 6e by Dean.  Modified to a 62 point reserve and reduced END on each slot,only the slot costs would change.

As to why HD allows it, because the GM can allow it under the rules?  I suspect HD will allow you to buy lots of things the rules suggest GMs be wary of, or even disallow.

11 hours ago, DShomshak said:

Painful, but potentially dramatic. Comics have had lots of heroes with off switches, like early Thor (turn to semi-crippled Don Blake if he's without his hammer for a full minute) or Captain Marvel (Billy Batson couldn't turn into "the big red cheese" if he was gagged).

That tends to work better in solo comics than team RPGs, as writer's fiat prevents Billy Batson or Don Blake being squished by an opponent. My point is more "be aware of it" then "avoid it", though.  Those Martial Arts won't help much when hit with a 12d6 Blast while at 2 Defenses, and the knockback damage from 5d6 on average will add to the pain.  And if you can't assume that AID to get better defenses, you also can't use that Healing.

9 hours ago, Beast said:

yes she has her MA and none of her stats have any limitations

so a flying dodge has her at DCV 13 and still a spd 6

AoE's are still relevant, and it's going to be tough explaining those radical reaction times and martial moves to people who know her only in her secret ID.

And a 10 OCV will hit 13 DCV about 25% of the time (assuming the opponent wants you dead more than they want to take advantage of your relative helplessness by double teaming someone else, of course).

As a villain, I'll just throw one of your teammates at you rather than close into that Radiation Field - even if I miss, I doubt I will miss by over 4 meters!

How can someone with a total commitment against killing justify activating such a deadly radiation field anyway?

pulled the perceivible on the "Sub-Atomic Particle manipulation" list readded to everything except the energy detection

removed physical lim(no organs)qnd accidental change
removed the healing slot

Since I have never had a GM even mention putting reduced end on an MP(in the 37 yrs I'ved played Champions), I will leave it till some GM asks

Ghost Girl mk5

18    DEX    16    13-
20    CON    10    13-
10    EGO    0    11-
7    OCV    20
9    DCV    30
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
10    REC    6
40    END    4
12    BODY    2    
40    STUN    10

FLIGHT        40m/160m

Cost    Powers
    Sub-Atomic Particle manipulation, all slots Unified Power (-1/4), OIAID (-1/4) - END=
22    1)  Her semi Quantum State: Resistant Protection (13 PD/13 ED) (39 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) - END=0
39    2)  Partially Desolid(Quantum state in flux): (Total: 70 Active Cost, 39 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Physical Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Mental Damage Reduction, 50% (30 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 17) - END=0
16    3)  LS  (Immunity All terrestrial diseases; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (29 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) - END=0
23    4)  Energy: Detection A Large Class Of Things 13- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Targeting (35 Active Points) - END=0
      - END=
7v    2)  Flight 40m, Position Shift, x4 Noncombat (50 Active Points) [Notes: noncombat 86 mph] - END=2
3f    3)  Teleportation 10m, x4 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1m = 100 km; +1 1/2) (50 Active Points) [Notes: 620 mile max range] - END=2

Cost    Martial Arts

Cost    Skills
3    Scientist
    Dex Skills
3    1)  Stealth 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Shadowing 13-
3    3)  Concealment 13-
3    4)  Deduction 13-
3    5)  Electronics 13-
3    6)  Inventor 13-
    Everyman skills
0    1)  Acting 8-
0    2)  Climbing 8-
0    3)  Conversation 8-
0    4)  Paramedics 8-
0    5)  Persuasion 8-

Value    Complications
20    Hunted:  S.U.S.H.I.(High tech villain group Infrequently (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)
15    Hunted:  VIPER Infrequently (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
20    Psychological Complication:  Code vs killing (Very Common; Strong)

As a GM, I would ask for details on how you envision her complications will play out in-game, but that's even more a GM discussion than advantages on a multipower reserve. 

To me, someone who has an absolute code vs killing AND a dislike for those making careless use of high energy would not activate a field of lethal radiation as a general combat tactic. Maybe that is intended to signal that this power will not be used very often.

I'd also want some details on the restrictions on shifting to that AID, but again that's more a GM discussion aspect than a mechanics issue.

That's more in "background and vision of character" than "character sheet stats".

you

5 minutes ago, Hugh Neilson said:

As a GM, I would ask for details on how you envision her complications will play out in-game, but that's even more a GM discussion than advantages on a multipower reserve. 

To me, someone who has an absolute code vs killing AND a dislike for those making careless use of high energy would not activate a field of lethal radiation as a general combat tactic. Maybe that is intended to signal that this power will not be used very often.

I'd also want some details on the restrictions on shifting to that AID, but again that's more a GM discussion aspect than a mechanics issue.

That's more in "background and vision of character" than "character sheet stats".

when I have a background of more than "S.U.S.H.I. was the cause of her transformation, and Viper just hates heroes" I'll add that later
the Hunteds are also just place holders for groups, should they not be in that GM's game
as I stated at the very begining of this thread that the concept of this character was based on a question asked by Steve Otto on the FB group
I'll probably go into how the government wanted to weaponize her work and her after the transformation

What Aid?

she HAD a healing slot for herself but that got pulled with the no organs getting pulled

your right on the use of the of the field

1. it limits her movement so it would be used in a defending "the bridge/gate way" scenario(the I'll hold them off here for a bit so you can escape/rescue/find X/etc...)
  2. gotta destroy all this very hard to get equipment for the big bad's death/mind control/turn everybody into PS 236 students/etc... because it is too tough for my fists

41 minutes ago, Beast said:

when I have a background of more than "S.U.S.H.I. was the cause of her transformation, and Viper just hates heroes" I'll add that later
the Hunteds are also just place holders for groups, should they not be in that GM's game

I'll probably go into how the government wanted to weaponize her work and her after the transformation

I have  a tough time working out my CompliDisads (pick your edition) without working out the character in my mind (we say "background" but I really look for "personality sketch").  But fair enough!  Seems like the government issues could carry a lot of ideas for more focused complications.

That's my general approach to Hunteds - "the group that caused her transformation" and "someone she is not yet aware of", for example.

What Aid?

she HAD a healing slot for herself but that got pulled with the no organs getting pulled

AID - the last three letters of OIAID, but easy to see how the acronym could be confused.

your right on the use of the of the field

1. it limits her movement so it would be used in a defending "the bridge/gate way" scenario(the I'll hold them off here for a bit so you can escape/rescue/find X/etc...)
  2. gotta destroy all this very hard to get equipment for the big bad's death/mind control/turn everybody into PS 236 students/etc... because it is too tough for my fists

As a GM, I am hearing "all important McGuffins have Power Defense - got it!"

Or just make sure they are powered by living beings shackled inside, I suppose.  "Now that I have the world's most powerful telepaths to power them, my Domination Matrix shall enable me to Rule the World!!!"