Isakai Hero: Anyone Written Up Truck-Kun Yet?

steriaca

Haven't seen any, but I haven't really been looking. I'm philosophically opposed to having a write-up if it's never going to be used in the game, and since most isekai worlds are definitely pre-internal explosion engines ...

But anyway -- the truck will make a Move Through on the hapless sap, and if their BODY reaches 0, a Trigger sets off a Linked Extra-Dimensional Movement, UAA, and a very big Heal.

In a way, Truck-kun is the ultimate plot device "character". But there is one key question -- does it hit people accidentally, or deliberately?

If it hits people on accident, then it is merely the plot device that launches the campaign (or at least one character's entry into it).

If it has a human driver who deliberately hits people, then it's a standard Vehicle with an extraordinary powerset. And since the abandoned "body" remains in the original world, he would appear on his side of the wall no different from any other serial-murdering psychotic who may or may not actually believe he is stocking another world or worlds with newly minted heroes and heroines (and the occasional obnoxious feline sidekick).

Now what really gets interesting is what happens if Truck-kun does not have or need a driver. The truck itself is, from the point of view of characters in the original world, running around killing random people for no good reason. It is possessed to kill. Never mind that it grants a second chance the victim might never get any other way -- the people it kills remain dead as far as their original world is concerned -- especially their family, fri9ends, and loved ones.

Although a psychotic driverless car has been used as a plot device in films and stories from good to bad (Stephen King used them to good effect in two different stories I am aware of, most notably Christine), any adventure about Truck-kun would be based on stopping it before it kills again -- and again.

(Truck-kun doesn't even have to be a truck. KARR, the evil counterpart of the iconic KITT, is not something you want to play chicken with, even though in its initial appearance in Knight Rider it does meet its end in a literal game of chicken.)

Ok. What if Truck-Kun could also travel to different dimensions? And your Fantasy Hero character has to fight it like just another monster, except it can definitely remove your character temporarily from the battle (it HAS to be temporary, or imagine the confusion of a fantasy warrior or wizard in the modern world).

46 minutes ago, Grailknight said:

Youjo Senki(The Saga of Tanya the Evil) deals with this in a unique way. Truck-Kun is a godlike being in charge of multiversal resurrections and not a particularly nice one. 

True. 

I haven't watched this one yet. I don't think there are any common trates between Isakai heros to actually make this a class. Most of them are overpowered of some type, but none of them are overpowered in exactly the same way.

And while midevil fantasy is common, we can have a range from roman gladiators to World War 1 (Tanya) to Psuedo Victorian (the upcoming I'm In Love With The Villainess). We are lacking an Old West Isakai ("Cowboy And Truck-Kuns"), but well, wait a while...