18    INT    8    13-    PER Roll 13-
13    EGO    3    12-
18    PRE    8    13-    PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6
9    OCV    30
6    DCV    15
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
5    SPD    30    Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
2/20    PD    0    2/20/31 PD (10/21 rPD)
2/20    ED    0    2/20/31 ED (10/21 rED)
15    REC    11
50    END    6
13    BODY    3    
60    STUN    20

Movement    Cost    Meters    Notes
RUNNING    8    20m/40m    END [2]
SWIMMING    0    4m/8m    END [1]
LEAPING    0    4m    4m forward, 2m upward

Characteristics Total: 181

Cost    Powers
51    Personal magic to create her Shield : Multipower, 64-point reserve,  (64 Active Points); all slots Unified Power (-1/4) - END=
5f    1)  Shield  Defending: Resistant Protection (Default slot) (11 PD/11 ED/10 Mental Defense/10 Power Defense) (63 Active Points) - END=0
4f    2)  Throwing her shield to smack a lot of foes: Blast 8d6+1, Area Of Effect Nonselective (32m Cone; +1/2) (63 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) - END=6
3f    3)  Shield wall push: Hearing Group Flash 9d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (+1/2), Area Of Effect (16m Cone; +1/2) (61 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) [Notes: a cone shape line of upto 32 ghostly images of Shield Maiden push the hordes back with a clap of thunder off their shields] - END=6
5f    4)  Shield wall: Barrier 15 PD/15 ED, 2 BODY (up to 12m long, 2m tall, and 1/2m thick) (62 Active Points) [Notes: each meter is 1 ghostly image of Shield Maiden] - END=6

Asguardian Strength, all slots Unified Power (-1/4) - END=
36    1)  Demi-goddess strength: +30 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points) - END=

Magical armor, all slots Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4), Perceivable (Godly Meim; -1/4) - END=
17    1)  Magic Armor/godly Meim: Resistant Protection (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points) - END=3
9    2)  Regeneration (1 BODY per Turn) (16 Active Points) - END=2
8    Magical padding/ Godly meim: (Total: 16 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) +8 ED (8 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4*) (Real Cost: 4) plus +8 PD (8 Active Points); Perceivable (Godly Meim; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4*) (Real Cost: 4) - END=2

19    Morphing weapon: Multipower, 22-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (33 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-1/2), Unified Power (-1/4) - END=
1f    1)  Sword: HKA 1d6+1 (4d6+1 w/STR) (20 Active Points) - END=0
1f    2)  Short Spear: HKA 1d6 (3d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2) (22 Active Points) - END=0

Powers Total: 159

Cost    Martial Arts
4    Fast Strike:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 11d6 Strike
4    Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4    Disarm Foes:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -1 DCV,  55 STR , Disarm
4    Martial Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 60 STR vs. Grabs
3    Tossing Enemies:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV,  9d6, Strike + v/10 target falls
5    Sacrifice Strike:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 13d6 Strike
4    Shove:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 60 STR to Shove
2    Weapon Elements Shield,:  Blades, Default Element, Empty Hand

Martial Arts Total: 30

Cost    Skills
    Dex skills
3    1)  Breakfall 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Concealment 13-
3    2)  Deduction 13-
3    3)  Inventor 13-
3    4)  KS 13-
3    5)  Tracking 13-

3    Language:  English (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)
0    Language:  Old Norse (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
0    Paramedics 8-
0    Acting 8-
0    Climbing 8-
0    Conversation 8-
0    AK: Asguard 8-
0    Persuasion 8-
0    Shadowing 8-
0    TF:  Custom Adder, Equines

Skills Total: 21

Cost    Talents
9    +3/+3d6 Striking Appearance (vs. all characters)

Talents Total: 9

Value    Complications
15    Hunted:  Foes of Asguard Infrequently (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
10    Distinctive Features:  Tall, striking beautiful blond  (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10    Enraged:  when normals are harmed (Common), go 8-, recover 14-
15    Psychological Complication:  Will only kill if the foe proves to be a killer themselves, otherwise strike to subdue (Common; Strong)
15    Social Complication:  Subject to orders from Odin Frequently, Major
10    Social Complication:  Secret Id Infrequently, Major

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400
Experience: 0
Experience Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 400

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Nice. She should have a blunt weapon also, but she can always get that later with ex.

Note: the blunt weapon should definitely NOT be a war hammer of some kind. Unless she is rather friendly with Thor and his wife Sif doesn't mind...

the shield is her blunt weapon with her MA she is doing 11d6 with a fast strike( for this the shield would be in defense mode and the sfx of her hitting somebody)
also shield push and throwing the shield are blunt attacks
the sword and spear are for stuff that needs killing or destruction
She is a blending of Capt America and Thor
stuff for the future(that I added to her equipment tab)

flying

access to the rainbow bridge for t-port and x-d movement

her immortality(various life supports)

I might look into other kind of attacks(vs power /mental def/NND/etc...

55 minutes ago, DentArthurDent said:

“Throwing her shield to smack a lot of foes” is a wonderful description!!

I would definitely make it Selective.

with time and expanding her MP

47 minutes ago, Beast said:

the shield is her blunt weapon with her MA she is doing 11d6 with a fast strike( for this the shield would be in defense mode and the sfx of her hitting somebody)
also shield push and throwing the shield are blunt attacks
the sword and spear are for stuff that needs killing or destruction
She is a blending of Capt America and Thor
stuff for the future(that I added to her equipment tab)

flying

access to the rainbow bridge for t-port and x-d movement

her immortality(various life supports)

I might look into other kind of attacks(vs power /mental def/NND/etc...

with time and expanding her MP

Ok. Sorry that the shield bash as a blunt weapon  slipped my mind. Anyways, she could technically use the edge of the shield as a cutting weapon. Heck, Cap used it as one to behead Brother Blood once (an old English nazi fifth columnist turned vampire). Still, nothing beats a good sword. 

1 hour ago, Ninja-Bear said:

The Silver Shield is listed in UMA 4th

There is nothing like it in HSMA. Was there anything like it in Fantasy Hero? If any setting would have such a combat art, it would be Fantasy Hero.

Generally such martial arts should be usable with Shield for free, and contain the Basic Strike manuver (Shield Strike), Charge (Shield Rush), Counterstrike (Blocking Shield Strike), Defensive Throw (Shield Push), Killing Strike (Edge Of Shield Cut), Martial Block (Shield Block), Martial Disarm (Shield Deflection Into Disarmament), Martial Shove (Advance Shield Push), Root (Cover Behind The Shield And Brace), Takedown (Offensive Shield Push), and Weapon Bind (Pin Weapon With Shield). Off Hand Defense is a likely Talent.

First off, that artwork is excellent. Very nicely done art.

There is nothing like it in HSMA. Was there anything like it in Fantasy Hero? If any setting would have such a combat art, it would be Fantasy Hero.

Generally such martial arts should be usable with Shield for free, and contain the Basic Strike manuver (Shield Strike), Charge (Shield Rush), Counterstrike (Blocking Shield Strike), Defensive Throw (Shield Push), Killing Strike (Edge Of Shield Cut), Martial Block (Shield Block), Martial Disarm (Shield Deflection Into Disarmament), Martial Shove (Advance Shield Push), Root (Cover Behind The Shield And Brace), Takedown (Offensive Shield Push), and Weapon Bind (Pin Weapon With Shield). Off Hand Defense is a likely Talent.

This sounds like a Martial Art, a character of mine would have done, He's a dismounted knight, that fights with a mounted ( Byzantine tear drop) shield. Think of it as a round topped heater, with an extended tail.  He was night unto a turtle, and most of his opponents would keep their eyes on his Bastard sword, he would hit them with his shield. He was quite effective.  This seems to be about right for HERO MA.

3 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

First off, that artwork is excellent. Very nicely done art.

This sounds like a Martial Art, a character of mine would have done, He's a dismounted knight, that fights with a mounted ( Byzantine tear drop) shield. Think of it as a round topped heater, with an extended tail.  He was night unto a turtle, and most of his opponents would keep their eyes on his Bastard sword, he would hit them with his shield. He was quite effective.  This seems to be about right for HERO MA.

Cool. I'm glad you like it.

More tinkering
made her martial art more personal
Mk 2

image.jpeg.892e66c887e0e71333176c8aa4d28fe1.jpeg

Shield Maiden
Vigdis  Augustdottior

VAL    CHA    Cost    Roll    Notes
45    STR    5    18-    HTH Damage 9d6  END [1]
18    DEX    16    13-
30    CON    20    15-
18    INT    8    13-    PER Roll 13-
13    EGO    3    12-
18    PRE    8    13-    PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6
9    OCV    30
6    DCV    15
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
5    SPD    30    Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
20    PD    0    20/57 PD (10/47 rPD)
20    ED    0    20/57 ED (10/47 rED)
15    REC    11
75    END    7
13    BODY    3    
60    STUN    20

Movement    Cost    Meters    Notes
RUNNING    8    20m/40m    END [2]
SWIMMING    0    4m/8m    END [1]
LEAPING    0    4m    4m forward, 2m upward

TELEPORTATION        20m/40m

Characteristics Total: 184

Cost    Powers
51    Personal magic to create her Shield : Multipower, 64-point reserve,  (64 Active Points); all slots Unified Power (-1/4) - END=
5f    1)  Shield  Defending: Resistant Protection (Default slot) (11 PD/11 ED/10 Mental Defense/10 Power Defense) (63 Active Points) - END=0
4f    2)  Throwing her shield to smack a lot of foes: Blast 8d6+1, Area Of Effect Nonselective (32m Cone; +1/2) (63 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) - END=6
3f    3)  Shield wall push: Hearing Group Flash 9d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (+1/2), Area Of Effect (16m Cone; +1/2) (61 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) [Notes: A cone 60 degrees 16m a side 30(15 per side ghostly images of Shield Maiden push the hordes back with a clap of thunder off their shields] - END=6
5f    4)  Shield wall: Barrier 15 PD/15 ED, 2 BODY (up to 12m long, 2m tall, and 1/2m thick) (62 Active Points) [Notes: each meter is 1 ghostly image of Shield Maiden] - END=6
      - END=
    Asguardian Strength, all slots Unified Power (-1/4) - END=
36    1)  Demi-goddess strength: +30 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points) - END=
      - END=
    Magical armor, all slots Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4), Perceivable (Godly Meim; -1/4) - END=
17    1)  Magic Armor/godly Meim: Resistant Protection (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points) - END=3
9    2)  Regeneration (1 BODY per Turn) (16 Active Points) - END=2
8    Magical padding/ Godly meim: (Total: 16 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) +8 ED (8 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4*) (Real Cost: 4) plus +8 PD (8 Active Points); Perceivable (Godly Meim; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4*) (Real Cost: 4) - END=2
      - END=
15    Morphing weapon: Multipower, 22-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (27 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-1/2), Unified Power (-1/4) - END=
1f    1)  Sword: HKA 1d6+1 (4d6+1 w/STR) (20 Active Points) - END=1
1f    2)  Short Spear: HKA 1d6 (3d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2) (22 Active Points) - END=1

Powers Total: 155

Cost    Martial Arts
4    Fast Strike:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 11d6 Strike
4    Martial Block shield:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4    Disarm Foes:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -1 DCV,  55 STR , Disarm
4    Breaking free:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 60 STR vs. Grabs
3    Tossing Enemies:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV,  9d6, Strike + v/10 target falls
5    Putting her all into this strike:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 13d6 Strike
4    Shove:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 60 STR to Shove
3    Weapon Elements Shield,:  Blades, Default Element, Empty Hand, Polearms and Spears

Martial Arts Total: 31

Cost    Skills
    Dex skills
3    1)  Breakfall 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Concealment 13-
3    2)  Deduction 13-
3    3)  Inventor 13-
3    4)  KS 13-
3    5)  Tracking 13-

3    Language:  English (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)
0    Language:  Old Norse (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
0    Paramedics 8-
0    Acting 8-
0    Climbing 8-
0    Conversation 8-
0    AK: Asguard 8-
0    Persuasion 8-
0    Shadowing 8-
0    TF:  Custom Adder, Equines

Skills Total: 21

Cost    Talents
9    +3/+3d6 Striking Appearance (vs. all characters)

Talents Total: 9

Value    Complications
15    Hunted:  Foes of Asguard Infrequently (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
10    Distinctive Features:  Tall, striking beautiful blond  (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10    Enraged:  when normals are harmed (Common), go 8-, recover 14-
15    Psychological Complication:  Will only kill if the foe proves to be a killer themselves, otherwise strike to subdue (Common; Strong)
15    Social Complication:  Subject to orders from Odin Frequently, Major
10    Social Complication:  Secret Id Infrequently, Major

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400
Experience: 0
Experience Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 400

Only a few minor quibbles I see.

With most powers reduced by Unified Power, I'd question normally having 10 points of power defense.  Seems like she loses a lot against an opponent with a Drain if she lacks that Power Defense.

Real Cost of Godly Miem is half Active points, but I only see three -14 limitations.  What am I missing there?

Looks like you are expecting a lot of Odin involvement. 

I'd also be curious (if I were GM) how much impact the "strokes to subdue" is expected to have.  Against a typical Super, would she limit herself to the shield?  Would it apply to a Frost Giant or a Troll who has yet to show any homicidal inclinations?  Maybe not a big deal as the MA with Shield will be more effective in most Supers games than trying to inflict BOD, but you see this as causing issues pretty often ("common").

Actually, with the reduced utility of KAs in Supers games, I've toyed with weapons, claws, etc. being SFX for some different mechanic, such as a naked AP advantage applied to STR/Martial Arts, rather than "an attack whose purpose is to kill". To a typical human being, a 10d6 AP Strike is pretty lethal - it will carve through a wall pretty easily.

Presumably she is not a traditional "chooser of the slain" with that complication.

6 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Only a few minor quibbles I see.

Real Cost of Godly Miem is half Active points, but I only see three -14 limitations.  What am I missing there?

Unified

Looks like you are expecting a lot of Odin involvement.

Place holder

I'd also be curious (if I were GM) how much impact the "strokes to subdue" is expected to have.  Against a typical Super, would she limit herself to the shield?  Would it apply to a Frost Giant or a Troll who has yet to show any homicidal inclinations?  Maybe not a big deal as the MA with Shield will be more effective in most Supers games than trying to inflict BOD, but you see this as causing issues pretty often ("common").

Actually, with the reduced utility of KAs in Supers games, I've toyed with weapons, claws, etc. being SFX for some different mechanic, such as a naked AP advantage applied to STR/Martial Arts, rather than "an attack whose purpose is to kill". To a typical human being, a 10d6 AP Strike is pretty lethal - it will carve through a wall pretty easily.

Presumably she is not a traditional "chooser of the slain" with that complication.

most of the time she will use her MA and Shield Defending
Sword and spear are for things and peeps that need destruction or killing

I always thought Valkiriries and Shield Maidens where 2 different types of warriors
So no, she isn't a chooser

4 hours ago, Steve said:

I'm wondering what the purpose is for Inventor and the unnamed KS skill on the INT Skills list. Is that for Secret ID usage?

more as magic skill to invent new ways to use her various magics

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Maybe the above human ability amounts for CON, PD, ED, REC, END and STUN could also go under the Asguardian Strength list?

could have, but as they are natural to her and the extra strength had the 0 end cost I saw no need

13 hours ago, Beast said:

Unified

I saw Perceivable (Godly Meim; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4*) - three limitations, -1/4 each

most of the time she will use her MA and Shield Defending

Sword and spear are for things and peeps that need destruction or killing

I'm looking at the "Common"  frequency of, basically, won't kill things that don't need killing.  How often will it actually be problematic?

could have, but as they are natural to her and the extra strength had the 0 end cost I saw no need

I agree with steriaca that it seems odd that her STR is part of her godly powers, but her other stats are not. Not a huge deal, but if all of her Godly powers are suppressed, she still has a 30 CON?  Mind you, if she is Divine by nature, could she just be Drained away entirely?