New title be worked on at Tiger Paw Press

tiger

20 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I do think the trauma of their father being killed in front of them would be sufficient to motivate anyone to change the direction of their lives; but Neutron's stated direction seemed rather vague, and more based in ego than in any logical viewpoint.

For a supervillain, "more based in ego than in any logical viewpoint" is perfectly sound.

They're not exactly the most stable bunch, and the exceptions should be - exceptions.

22 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

The Stronghold Files version of Neutron is described as having had a 200 pt. VPP only for electro-magnetic effects, when he was in his prime. It was undoubtedly intended to fit him for a master-villain role.

I do think the trauma of their father being killed in front of them would be sufficient to motivate anyone to change the direction of their lives; but Neutron's stated direction seemed rather vague, and more based in ego than in any logical viewpoint. For my Fourth Edition games using Neutron, I borrowed the motivation of the Champs villain Beamline, of imposing government by elite scientists like himself, being best trained to think rationally and objectively. My Neutron gathered scientist supervillains for his team, and established a covert network of other sympathetic scientists.

I love this take. 

And it fits nicely into a new Deathstroke. 

In the module it was take over the world because we are criminals and admit it.  

New Conquerors are all scientist types who believe that they are best suited to run things!

Humm...

For Deathstroke it depends on what the group needs and what Requiem wants for the group.

Both Requiem and Frost cover the energy blaster front. Frost is kinda a reckless younger brother and oddly hotheaded compared to his power set. Requiem is more of the brains of the two, and has learned to be cautious and careful. 

A brick would be an obvious get. Also a mentalist and a martial artist.

My idea of a relative of Doctor Death, who might want revenge for his ancestor's capture and embarrassment could be a fun addition. Making him an obvious "Starscream" could also be fun. But Requiem and Frost should have reasons why they allow this 'Kodeath' to run around with them. And 'Kodeath' should have a reason to obey Requiem 'for now', and a reason allow them to know that one day he will have his revenge for his dear uncle (or whatever...).

I like a new Scatterbrain (Scatterbrain 2), and the idea of a powerful and dangerous mentalist with memory problems might fit the "seriously funny" nature the group has been put into the past years.

Steel Commando? Could work. Could be a guy who is basically a mercenary for hire. As long as Requiem pays him, Steel Commando is loyal. If Steel Commando is not like this, then we could easily create a mercenary like that with another name.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

The new team could be a family affair. Maybe the mutant power gene runs in their family and the new members are cousins or half-siblings. One cousin without natural powers could be the new Steel Commando.

Well, I'm not Tiger, so I can't speak for him, but he has done 6ed writeups for the Psikin (Psi-Kin?). So if your actually looking for a family of mutants, you can't go wrong with the quintuplets. 

It is possible for Deathstroke to have some family ties beyond the two brothers. But they have been imprisoned since the 80's. Where could they find the time?

On 2/7/2023 at 7:05 PM, assault said:

For a supervillain, "more based in ego than in any logical viewpoint" is perfectly sound.

They're not exactly the most stable bunch, and the exceptions should be - exceptions.

I think that's a valid assertion, but keep in mind that logic isn't the same thing as sanity, or even good sense. Take for example the movie version of Thanos. His plan has glaring flaws that many have pointed out, and ego is most definitely woven into it; but it has a logical through-line from his past experiences to his ultimate objective.

I just didn't feel that the traumatic event that changed Neutron would naturally lead to his megalomania. It's why I changed the focus of his obsession to something I thought tracked more clearly.

I got a lot of mileage from a group of technocrat villains in my old "Seattle Sentinels" campaign, and plan to introduce another such group -- the Top Men -- in my current "Avant Guard" campaign. In the current CU the nascent group, the Futurists, sort of touches on this story niche, but not quite.

Dean Shomshak

The Futurists from Champions Villains Volume Two are pretty odd choices of characters for that role in a campaign. Their histories and personalities are rather compromised for a match to the ideals of their stated purpose, and their names wouldn't be good from a public-relations standpoint: Morticus, The Fiend, and their sometime-ally Cybercide. Remarks from Hero Games reps in the past strongly implied to me that these Futurists came from Cryptic Studios, not Hero.

About a decade ago I posted to this forum my concept of using the Futurists name for a group drawn from basically benevolent Champions Universe supers, who would function more like Marvel Comics' Illuminati (although hopefully more subtly and covertly, and less arrogantly, than the Marvel group).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...