Goodman's Tips

Christopher R Taylor

21 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I played a flying collider

Id that means,what I _think_ it means, I had one, too.  He retired from adventuring to return to the lab that gave him his. Super-human durability when he realized that he wasnt that great at heroing (flier specializing,in move-throughs at high speed; shave points for more speed by making the turn mode definitely ludicrous and almost non-existent.  That was......  A mistake.....   :rofl:  :rofl:  "I'll take him down in a flash!  Oh no!  He stepped slightly to the left!"

anyway, the HERO formerly known as Projectile is much better known now as the head of Daniels Research, where he is a recurring NPC who can help out the heroes with technology, cutting edge labs in several,fields of science--  all for the low-low price of trading war stories with him.

21 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Its kind of a Hero truism: if your opponent moves on 2, be wary.

If they move on 7, you're in trouble.

If they move on 11, run away.

As hillarious as that is, it also points out one of the flaws with Speed chart: experienced players can game the crap out of it by knowing who to avoid and when to best use a held action without fear of repercussion.

:(

21 hours ago, Opal said:

So, yknow, 15 years of doing something is not theorycrafting anymore.

Thank you!

It's a wierd thing when someone asks "how do you do this" and you reply and rhen get a laundry list of reasons why it wont work or is a bad idea and it becomes very hard to not just say "Yeah, you probab y should have told me that thirrty years ago...

As hillarious as that is, it also points out one of the flaws with Speed chart: experienced players can game the crap out of it by knowing who to avoid and when to best use a held action without fear of repercussion.

I actually don't see that as a problem so much as a feature.  It shows someone experienced in combat, watching their opponent, learning openings, seeing patterns they can exploit etc.  A higher speed in combat doesn't just mean "I hit more" it means greater flexibility and more opportunities to take advantage of combat tactics.

Experience is the key. I played a convention game in Santa Cruz. I used my too Champions character Sergeant S. M. A. S. H.  to good effect. I used the speed clock like a champ, 1 versus three and defeated their plans and stymied the GM, as I had a plan, and a speed point or two above the close opposition.  It was glorious.  The other players were jaw dropped, and kind of picked up on it but did not have the experience to utilize all their options.