Shazam 2

Duke Bushido

Just walking out of the theater.

Every bit as good as the first one, probably because they took it in a totally different direction from the first rather than trying to give us more of the same.  Perhaps Police Academy taught some folks that more of the same will never have the fresh surprise of being what it is for the first time.

Just like the first one, Darla gets the best line in the movie.

Saw Shazam last night. Is excellent. loved the ending. Interesting use of the daughters of Atlas seeming in some ways to be the Fates (Hag, Mother and Maiden) in appearance. I would rate this as, maybe, better then the first though some of the teen angsty stuff can be cringeworthy from my age standpoint, and put it with almost any of the better Marvel movies.

Only problem I have, and this probably included the first one, is that Levy tends to play this role, IMO, younger then the actual protagonist is. I feel like he is playing it as a child more then a teen, and older teen at that.

22 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I have read that its probably better than the first Shazam, but is doing terribly in the box office :(

Captain Marvel is one of my favorite characters from comics.

I am sorry to hear is doing terrible. It really is worth watching.

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I have read that its probably better than the first Shazam, but is doing terribly in the box office :(

Captain Marvel is one of my favorite characters from comics.

Thank you for using the character's real name. IMHO seven decades under that moniker trumps whatever legal bat Marvel uses for their character's name.

I would have to say I liked the Dr. Sivana and Mister Mind post credits from the first movie much better then this one, a little too silly for me instead of the sinister tone the first presented. And the first credits scene i didnt care for at all, but then, I am not a fan of Waller or the flunkies.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 3:37 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Thank you for using the character's real name. IMHO seven decades under that moniker trumps whatever legal bat Marvel uses for their character's name.

Was it my imagination, or did the guy after Michael Gray's appearance call him Captain Marvel?

And I agree about the name.  I honestly wish they could have alluded to it in the first movie--

SHAZAM: "Through my name you shall become the mightiest of mortals!  You shall become a marvel among men, and the captain of a mighty army in the war against evil!  Do you accept my offer, Billy Batson?"

BILLY: "Okay."

SHAZAM: "Then speak my name!"

BILLY: "SHAZAM!"