Yakkity Yak...

Foxiekins

This was a character I created for SuperMegaTopia, but didn't wind up using much, if at all...  She shares an SFX with Mighty Yak, in that she builds up a progressive immunity over time to stress in her environment...

The character speaks in Valley Girl, so I named her most prominent ability the Power of Interminable Elocution...  She literally has the power to TALK FOREVER...  She has also developed superhuman capability with anything related to or involved with speech...  I have started to wonder what the character would look like in 6th edition...  She has spit ball bearings at people for damage, exploded a vending machine by blowing into the coin slot when she needed change, bitten through steel cable, and drunk boiling hot coffee without harm...  Any other abilities that should be included, as I attempt a build for her...?

Life Support: Need Not Breathe is the most obvious one.  I also think she can talk even in places where talking normally isn't possible--the vacuum of space, the ocean floor, with a mouth full of food--even bound and gagged.  I also think she can speak any language, and because she also gesticulates incessantly, she can also speak any sign language and any body language.  She might even have a Martial Art based on her gesticulation--not unlike slap-fighting, but actually effective.

Hope that helps.  Good Luck with the build.

1 hour ago, Tech said:

I think any player who has to speak Valley Girl talk for a long period of time might go insane, or at least annoy the other players.

Well, her MO was to be a distraction while her band of Hired Thugs stole anything that wasn't nailed down...

On 3/19/2023 at 1:15 PM, wcw43921 said:

Life Support: Need Not Breathe is the most obvious one.  I also think she can talk even in places where talking normally isn't possible--the vacuum of space, the ocean floor, with a mouth full of food--even bound and gagged.  I also think she can speak any language, and because she also gesticulates incessantly, she can also speak any sign language and any body language.  She might even have a Martial Art based on her gesticulation--not unlike slap-fighting, but actually effective.

Hope that helps.  Good Luck with the build.

That's not exactly the ability to "talk forever". I would say Images to Sound Sense Group, Incarnations.

She still needs air I think. If she can talk in all areas she can breathe normally then the various Safe Environment Life Support can be used.

Something to consider. Darkness VS Hearing, Incarnations, Must Be Anle To Talk To Continue Darkness (-1/4, if any limitation on the power), and prehaps Redced Endurance (she can litterly talk for days). Her voice drounds out whatever sound is nearby her. The characters are not actually deafened by her, they just have a hard time hearing any other noise around her. 

On 3/29/2023 at 10:45 AM, steriaca said:

That's not exactly the ability to "talk forever". I would say Images to Sound Sense Group, Incarnations.

She still needs air I think. If she can talk in all areas she can breathe normally then the various Safe Environment Life Support can be used.

Something to consider. Darkness VS Hearing, Incarnations, Must Be Anle To Talk To Continue Darkness (-1/4, if any limitation on the power), and prehaps Redced Endurance (she can litterly talk for days). Her voice drounds out whatever sound is nearby her. The characters are not actually deafened by her, they just have a hard time hearing any other noise around her. 

Can you apply Reduced Endurance to Long Term Endurance Losses...?  Since speech doesn't have an End Cost, that's the only way I can see Endurance becoming an issue...  Oh, wait, nevermind...  It's just the Darkness that needs zero Endurance, since neverending speech is just the Special Effect...

Humm....other powers beyond Image VS Hearing and Darkness VS Hearing.

Flash VS Hearing (same special effect as the Darkness, but you learn to dround her voice out over time).

Transform Sane Person to Insane Person, AVLD (Sound based Flash Defense), Dosen't Work Against Thoes Who Can't Hear You. Probably also needs extra time (if you hear her long enough you long for Voulgron Poeity).

She can spit ball bearings at just under the speed of sound...  Pulling out my copy of Guns, Guns, Guns, I guesstimate this at 1d6 Killing, or a 3d6 Blast...  15 Active Points, that is...  A bag of ball bearings, between 1 and 2 pounds, is going to hold somewhat more than 50 of them, assuming bearings half an inch in diameter, or a bit more, as I did when I figured damage with 3G3...  "Loaded" individually, so I would call that 64 clips of 1 charge each...  (-1/4)  Spitting would still cost END, I assume, so that would be Costs Endurance (to Activate)...  (-1/4)

So that would be Blast 3d6 (15 Active) and (-1/2) in Limitations, for a real cost of 10 points, and END = 1...

I found this template on one of the netbooks, and modified it for 6th Edition...  I will edit this, as I get more done...

Name:  Yakkity Yak

Val    Char    Cost
  10    STR        0
  23    DEX     26
  30    CON    20
  23    INT       13
  15    EGO        5
  23    PRE       13
    5    OCV      10
    5    DCV      10
    3    OMCV    0
    3    DMCV    0    
    6    SPD      40
    5    PD          3
    5    ED          3
  10    REC        6
  20    END       0
  10    BODY     0
  20    STUN    0

Characteristic Rolls: STR:  11 -, DEX:  14 -, CON:  15 -, INT:  14 -, EGO:  12 -, PER:  14 -
Run:  12m, Swim:  4m, Jump:   4m, Lift: 100 kg

Cost    Powers                                                                                                                                                        END

Spitting Ball Bearings

10       Blast 3d6 (15 APs); 64 clips of 1 Charge (-¼), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼)    1

Biting Through Steel Cable

36      +60 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (90 APs); Only With Her Teeth (-1 ½)

Cost    Skills, Talents, Perks    Roll

9         Charm                          17 -

75    Complications

Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
PD/rPD:  5 / 0 ; ED/rED:  5 / 0

Costs:        Char.:       149    Complications:    0
       Powers:              +46               Base:    400

Skills/Perks/Talents:   +9
            Exp.:                +0
                 Total:    =  204           Total:    =  400

Background:

Height:   163 cm ( 5' 4"), Weight:  58.97 kg (   130 lbs), Sex: Female   , Race: Anthropomorphic Yak

Appearance:

Edited by Foxiekins
Updating

On 3/29/2023 at 10:45 AM, steriaca said:

I think Change Environment is better for this...  Darkness VS Hearing, per the rules, would prevent hearing anything else, not just make it a hard time...  A penalty to Hearing Perception in the area due to distraction, certainly...  And a penalty to Interaction skills for anyone in the area...  Possibly a penalty to Intellect skills as well...