Hero Base

Shikarr

Alright guys, here is the question. My group of intrepid adventures has actually gotten on Primus's good side and some have even joined up with Primus. So here is the thought I am thinking. Primus would like to slightly sponsor the group, key word there is slightly. A base with some simple labs and computer stuff in an older abandoned or unused government building would not be an undue expense and would be even better with a few Primus personnel to run it and keep an overwatch on what the heroes are up to. So that is basically what Primus has decided to do the only question is the general functions they will provide. So what do you all think that a slightly anal Primus would consider shelling out to get the heroes under their overwatch?

Originally posted by Shikarr

So what do you all think that a slightly anal Primus would consider shelling out to get the heroes under their overwatch?

Well, since they are a government agency, they will probably "donate" to them all their stuff that gets broken in fights with supervillains. (The PRIMUS salvage yard)

PRIMUS would then fill out some forms, and get nice new equipment to replace that which they donated, and no longer have to get fixed.

If you have Classic Organizations I would just use a Primus Base with a series of duplexes nearby for the heroes. I really don't think Primus would consider a super-team to be something to give token support to. I think they would either discourage them from being organized or attempt to influence and watch them as much as possible. Of course, if you do this, you have probably 2-4 squads of Primus Agents and a squad of IronGuards, plus some Intel Agents to deal with and some Primus Techs/Scientists. Lots of Supporting Cast Members may equal lots of work. Of course, you have an easy way to get the game started whenever you are stumped: Intel Agents are missing, the government asks them to handle a disaster, informs them of a supervillain crime, etc.

Originally posted by Hermit

I love bases, but my map making skills stink so much that I could just weep (well, I exagerate, but it's easy to be melodramtic at this time of the morning).

Anyone know a site that has a couple of maps for super hero bases (or what could be used as such)? Floor plans I mean?

Blue has posted on his website his base and there was another base that was posted on my short-lived Base Posting Thread.

Bases

My map making skills suck, so I usually do it all in picture format. I start with a picture of a house/building, then look for pictures online that may fit for various rooms. This gives me a conceptional idea for what th e base is like.

Someday, I hope to get someone to draw them up, but its unlikely.

For pre-made bases, that just need a little paint...

http://www.missilebases.com/

http://www.earthmountainview.com/shelters.html

http://www.silohome.com/index.htm

(this place is cool)

you knwo what would make a great super hero base an abandoned school say some sort of accident caused one of teh students to gain super powers and go on a rampage and trash teh place until teh team steps in and stops them.

the city doesn't want to rebuild they have a new site lined up that will be better for the way the city is now and the land value isnt worth the cost of demolishing the school so the city donates the site on a one dollar annual lease

(that way they can take it back if they don't lik the superteams methods or sell the site if prices rise.)

primus donates some damaged or second rate equipment and maybe assigns a liason or two to help out with intelligence etc. the heros have to hire a janitor office manager etc to run teh placve make sure the bills get paid etc but youd get lots of rooms for the supers and there support team a gymnasium for team practice science lab and metal work shops car park and space basket ball courts for landing that alien shuttel craft you found . of course the team have to put in sometime to fixing the place up but its not like the Xmen or The avengers never had to do that.

Don't forget the double secret surveillance network for PRIMUS to spy on the heros without their knowledge.

and the cached internet on a secret server so that they only have access to the information PRIMUS wants them to have.

and the special hypno-sleep pillows on the cots so PRIMUS can plant subliminal messages into the heros' dreams.

and the dna recovery spurs on all equipment so PRIMUS can keep tabs on the heros as they gain power and abilities.

hmm. Maybe this might not be apropriate for your campaign.....

A couple things I'd see them donating woudl be:

• Holding Cells
  • Library/Computer Lab
  • Medical Facilities

The Holding Cells are good so that the PC's don't have to have access (or knowledge if it's secret) to the PRIMUS' main Supers Holding Facility.

Library or Computer (w/ Internet Access?) for looking up clues and references, ect.. Anything the PC's learn and imput into the system is of course duplicated in PRIMUS' records. Information is Power after all.

Medical Facilities: Probably run by PRIMUS techs. Great opportunity to do regular tests on the PC's, hopefully to discover the source of thier powers. Could even be used obtain DNA samples, great for discovering the Secret ID's of Hero, not that they'd need to use it for Blackmail or anything ;)

Hatchling Dragon